“Good Novotel Example ”

Ranked #44 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

The views from the hotel are fantastic.

Food and service really good at this Novotel.

Rooms a little on the small side but updated at some point so all modern cons and everything works.

I had room service which was good quality and delivered quickly.

For such a big hotel it works well. Typical China service with an eagerness to please and get it right.

Would stay here on my next visit - really uncomplicated as they know what they are doing.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share with us your impressions about our hotel and our service.

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. My team & I make it a top priority to ensure that our guests experience a pleasant, efficient, friendly and comfortable stay.

Once again, thank you for your great support to Novotel Shanghai Atlantis! It is always a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you this way.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Shanghai Atlantis

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our business recently relocated close to this hotel so these where my first two stays here. I believe there will be many more in the future. The executive floors were clean though they seamed deserted sometimes. The exec lounge was almost always empty...though I generally just went up to have an evening drink. The rooms were clean and bright - both times I stayed here I was on a corner but one time it was a XX20 room wihich overlooked the river and the financial district while the other time it was a xx07 room which looked out over the other side of the city and was next to the elevator - interesting how many times the elevator starts up at 2:00 in the morning - and I could hear them all. I left as much white noise on as I could and it helped but it couldn't eliminate it. I had to remind the staff about the fruit for the room but once reminded they brought it promptly. The Restaurants in the building were good - the square on the second floor, the sandwich shop on the first and the Art 50 rotating one on the roof. The rate on the Art 50 is negotiable so call ahead ahd see if you can get something off the published rate to eat there (especially if you have a group).

Room Tip: get a room away from the elevators - the machinary noise is quite noticable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank seeking_direction
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken your time to share with us your impressions about our hotel and our service. I was delighted to read that you enjoy your stay in our hotel.

I noticed that you have some suggestions about our room type. Thanks for your comments. I have copied this to my department managers for their immediate concern and your request has been recorded in our booking system as history.

Although with high occupancy, we try to meet our guest's satisfaction by offering what they need. Please do no hesitate to send email to us for your future booking so that we may block the room type in advance.

We would like to thank you for your kind understanding and really appreciate your kind support to us, and definitely hope to welcome you back next time.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

From 2010 to 2013, I had been staying in this hotel very often thus acquiring my gold card membership with Accor. Though flexible, I chose this hotel again and again as this place has been giving me the feeling of home away from home. I know this hotel from 2006, but this hotel has picked up momentum from late 2009 (thanks to the GM there) and I could visibly see the change in ambience, hospitality, friendliness, cleanliness etc. Breakfast is lavish! Rooms have been renovated to a sense of high end feeling. A room with a view towards Shanghai city side is a real treat at night! Thanks Novotel Atlantis management and staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to pearl tower!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your specific comments and I appreciate you writing to tell us about your experience during your last stay with us. It is our pleasure to let our guests feel the hotel a home away from home.

Thank you once again for your great support to us and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Normally I stay at the Minya Hotel, but this time I decided to try the Novotel Atlantis, due to it's closer proximity to the CBD of Pudong. The hotel seems rather new, and feels fresh and clean.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful. One afternoon I left my iPhone in the lobby bar, and later when I called the hotel, they had it saved for me at the front desk.

I suspect I was given an upgrade, as I had booked the lowest cost room, but was given a junior suite. It had a rather large living area, but oddly with only two lounge chairs. Easily had space for a sofa and coffee table, which would have made time spent in the room more comfortable.

The sleeping area had a large king bed, with plenty of pillows of differing densities. Missing was a clock, and it was only on my last day did I finally notice the three international electric outlets to the right of the television.

Oddly, there was only one electrical outlet at the desk area, taken hop by a TV, and one nearby at floor level taken up by a lamp. So in order to charge my devices, I had to unplug the living area TV.
Meanwhile at each go the TV's they have a nice connectivity panel, that at least had a USB outlet I could use for charging. But to not have 2-3 international outlets at the desk, especially in such a young hotel, is rather odd. Equally, the chair at the desk was rather uncomfortable for sitting and working any length of time. A proper desk chair would have been preferred.

Whilst I was happy overall with the room, I guess due to my room being at the end of the hall, I had a very small window relative to the room side, and it was way in the corner. Hence the room never had sufficient daylight, and on days when I had to work from the hotel room, it was a bit gloomy.

Breakfast was good, with a fairly decent selection. And if you want a good coffee, there is a Starbucks in the office building attached to the hotel.

For the price and location, it is a good choice for reasonable business trips. As I was staying 5 nights, I preferred to stay at a reasonably priced hotel such as this.

They neighbourhood around the hotel is of no consequence, as it is mostly a residential area. Not far from the CDB, which one evening I strolled to in about 30 minutes.

Overall, it was a good stay, Definitely a hotel I would stay at again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank larrybud
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

I was delighted to read that you particularly appreciated the friendliness of our staff and had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

I noticed that you have some suggestions about our room facilities. Thanks for your comments. I have copied this to my department managers for their immediate concern and your request has been recorded in our booking system as history for offering better service for your future stay.

Should you need any assistance during your stay in the future, please feel free to contact our Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Reviewed April 25, 2014

If you want to be in Pudong side of the city center, this is a good option.
Clean, well maintained rooms located on high floors and commanding a nice view, especially in the evening.
Just a few hundred meters from subway station (line 4)

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a nicer view of the city
Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Me_Italy_2013
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your specific comments and I appreciate you writing to tell us about your experience during your last stay with us. It will definitely help us to improve further.

Thank you once again for your great support to us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

When you check in and check out the staff are constantly sniffing and snorting which in my humble opinion is disgusting.

The rooms are very clean, and a fresh bottle of water is provided every day. The room is provided with slippers, bathrobe, toothbrush, toothpaste, ear buds etc, tea and coffee making facilities as well as a mini bar.

Smoking is very prevalent in China so if you do not smoke ensure that you ask for a non smoking room when you book and when you check in.

To do any sightseeing it is a 40RMB taxi ride to yu gardens, after which you can then take the hop on hop off bus tour which is also 40 RMB

Within a 15 minute walk next to the Oriental Pearl TV tower there are two huge shopping centers.

The Hotel is a 1hr taxi drive from the airport so take the train.

Room Tip: State your smoking preference
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

Thank you for your specific comments and I appreciate you writing to tell us your experience during your last stay with us. It will definitely help us to improve further.

I noticed that you have some comments about the staff's grooming. I have copied this to my Departmental Managers for their immediate actions and proper trainings for all their staff concerned. Please be rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I would once again thank you and really appreciates your kind support to us, and would like to ensure you a more pleasant stay in your next trip here.