Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Nanhe Hotel(Shanghai)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,445 results
All reviewsnanjing roadgreat locationclub roomwalking streetjunior suitecentral locationpedestrian mallpeople's squaretop floorpudong airportsubway stationmin walkexecutive floorpeople's parktaxi driverbusiness tripconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I have been to many Sofitels, this one is bad. 1st, i still remember, this is last year, i was in the hotel lobby, I watched a poor Frenchman talking to a front desk staff, the front desk staff name was Sherry... i remember. The frenchman could not understand english very well, but his chinese was fluent.
He asked Sherry over and over again, what was her chinese name? So he could understand better. Sherry refused to give him her chinese name, and the well-known and respected Frenchman even called her manager, the manager did nothing to help this man.
I thought the service this man received from Sherry was pathetic, and she should have told him her chinese name immediately, instead of sitting there, and saying *no, i don't want to give it to you*
Sherry did not uphold the Sofitel name that day, and neither did the manager.
Seeing that, made me and my colleagues feel bad towards this hotel.

2nd, me and my colleague walked outside for a cigarette break, and then 3 men walk up to us, and say *do you want chinese girl?* *we can give you sexy time tonight*
That is absolutely gross.... and it ruins the atmosphere of the hotel. These people should be banned from coming onto the hotel property.
I am a married man, they cannot tell i am mature and don't need some prostitute to pleasure me? It made me disgusted.
This same thing happened to us, at least 20 times during our stay here at this Sofitel.

The local police and authority really REALLY needs to clean this area up, and stop solicitation of foreigner men.

3rd, Hotel staff were not smiling, and did not look happy.... their attitudes turned me off and made me also unhappy. I got a vibe of unhappiness from them.

I honestly cannot find too many things i enjoyed about my 10 night stay here with my colleagues.
The only good things i can find are... I really enjoyed my bath tub and the bed in my room. They were beyond my expectation.
But, most of the other stuff, just either turned me off... or made me feel unhappy.
Sorry to say that Hyland Sofitel, but its just how it is.

You need to teach your staff how to be more polite, and do not tell your guests *no* Especially when they just want to know your staffs chinese name... You guys should still write Sherry up and discipline her for treating that poor Frenchman in that manner.... and you need to give happier and more enthusiastic vibes.
And, for god sakes, please, PLEASE clean up the area around your hotel. The solicitors are gross and disgusting people.

Thats all. Thanks.

Room Tip: ....I think they should just try to book a standard room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Cole W
SofitelSHHyland, Manager at Sofitel Shanghai Hyland, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Dear Cole W,

Merci for your feedback with details in depth.

We pay attention to all comments we receive and work on points highlighted by our guests.

The situation you have mentioned back in October 2013 is known to us and please rest reassured that the French man was not treated badly by Sherry. We are sorry if it made you and your colleagues feel we were mistreating the guest - however this was not the case at all.

As for the people offering massages on Nanjing road we have addressed the issue already to the local authorities. The best advice we can give you is to walk away and not pay attention to the vendors.

Once again, Merci for your lengthy review and please contact me directly at h1603-qc@sofitel.com if you may have any additional comments

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed 3 days in this hotel , the room is very clean and good size , the staff very kind and helpful the restaurant very modern and perfect food , the breakfast i think it s more french food what is good i really like it , but the very good point of the hotel is the location then you got a perfect view from your room , i really recommend this hotel to people who want to visit Shanghai in peaceful atmosphere i defenetly go back once i back to shanghai

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
SofitelSHHyland, Manager at Sofitel Shanghai Hyland, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Walid209,

Merci beaucoup for your Perfect review!

It was definitely a plaisir to have you staying with us in October last year and we have certainly shared your compliments with the whole team.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back soon this year perhaps

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3 rd stay at the Sofitel as I stay here for the location to offices.
The mall is at the front door which is great if you want to shop.
The newer rooms are 100% better than the room I had last year and this is a plus.
Free wifi and the food at breakfast is fantastic.
The staff require training on cultural etiquette. I asked to for latte at breakfast (a Sofitel brand standard)
And I was responded to with a huff and a roll of the eyes and I found them bossy and rude. Many time I found myself chasing simple requests like a pastry basket for breakfast, just 1 example.
The staff in the bar were great and very accommodating and very friendly.
Upon checking out there was a large line and I had to wait 30minutes then when I enquired about 1 charge on my account I was yelled at by the receptionist.
My inquiry was clearly an inconvenience and again I was greeted with a huff.
Not great customer service for a Sofitel.
As an advantage plus member and staying at Sofitel hotels around the world this property really needs to work on staff customer service and what is appropriate manners.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank LoveToTravel-AU

Dear LoveToTravel-AU,

Merci for your feedback with details in depth.

We are happy you enjoyed our newly designed rooms, central location and rich breakfast spread.

Please accept our apologies that you found some of our Ambassadors' attitude rude - rest assured this is not what we are recognized for and we will work immediately to promote the friendly and professional demeanor we are worldwide known for.

Please drop me a note at h1603-qc@sofitel.com if you may have any additional comments or we can be of any assistance at all

We do hope to have the plaisir to welcome you back and create a Magnifique memory instead!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I'm sorry to say but this Sofitel disappointed me. From the moment I checked in, the concierge guy did not offer to help with luggage while he got nothing going on - maybe he's a security guy? I wouldn't know; prior to that, I in fact arrived the hotel first without luggage in early morning, the reception girl appeared angry - ok I could get that, you were resting. Not big deal.

The hotel location is good which is true, the price is good for the area which is also true. I ended up extending the stay, I thought I wouldn't bother to move around because I got sick during the trip and there's still work to be done. What really pissed me and made me finally move was, the reception told me the last extend I made on accor site were not paid and it's not even from accor site; I had to stood there and explained to her for like 20min while I was feeling real sick and sweating. All that. Anyway what's the point to stay here that I had to waste energy on such things.

No standard Sofitel greetings on phone in most case.
In room dining menu is good.
Housekeeping staffs were the only ones always smile to you and seemed like willing to help.

Maybe it really was my bad luck, so good luck with yours.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank vliujunyan
SofitelSHHyland, Manager at Sofitel Shanghai Hyland, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear vliujunyan,

Merci for your review with details in depth.

Firstly, thank you for the compliments for our smiling Housekeeping team and the delicious Room Service menu!

We are really sorry to read about your unfortunate experience with the Concierge and Reception teams. Please rest assured this is not the typical attitude of our Ambassadors and it is is not what we are recognized for. We will work immediately with the teams to promote the friendly and professional demeanor Sofitel is worldwide known for.

Please drop me a note at H1603-qc@sofitel.com if you may have any additional comments or if we can assist you with anything

We hope to have the opportunity to erase this experience and create a Magnfiique memory together in the near future!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Nice hotel in front of the Nanjing Street. Distance to Yu Yuan Garden, Tian Zi Fang, The Bund are just 10 to 15 mins by taxi. Modern room at the lower floor but the room is a bit small. Comfortable bed wz housekeeping twice a day. Very near to the metro subway. Convenient stay for business travellers as this hotel is located in the city centre.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor to get the view of The Bund.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear CTKW,

Merci beaucoup for your review.

It was a plaisir to read about your enjoyable stay here with us in the busy city of Shanghai. We are happy you enjoyed one of our newly designed rooms on the lower floors.
We have just launched ten newly renovated guest floors and the rooms indeed are modern and feature the signature Sofitel MyBed.

We are looking forward to welcoming back soon!