“Perfect”

Ranked #64 of 5,160 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed 3 days in this hotel , the room is very clean and good size , the staff very kind and helpful the restaurant very modern and perfect food , the breakfast i think it s more french food what is good i really like it , but the very good point of the hotel is the location then you got a perfect view from your room , i really recommend this hotel to people who want to visit Shanghai in peaceful atmosphere i defenetly go back once i back to shanghai

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
SofitelSHHyland, Manager at Sofitel Shanghai Hyland, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Walid209,

Merci beaucoup for your Perfect review!

It was definitely a plaisir to have you staying with us in October last year and we have certainly shared your compliments with the whole team.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back soon this year perhaps

Sofitel Shanghai Hyland

Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3 rd stay at the Sofitel as I stay here for the location to offices.
The mall is at the front door which is great if you want to shop.
The newer rooms are 100% better than the room I had last year and this is a plus.
Free wifi and the food at breakfast is fantastic.
The staff require training on cultural etiquette. I asked to for latte at breakfast (a Sofitel brand standard)
And I was responded to with a huff and a roll of the eyes and I found them bossy and rude. Many time I found myself chasing simple requests like a pastry basket for breakfast, just 1 example.
The staff in the bar were great and very accommodating and very friendly.
Upon checking out there was a large line and I had to wait 30minutes then when I enquired about 1 charge on my account I was yelled at by the receptionist.
My inquiry was clearly an inconvenience and again I was greeted with a huff.
Not great customer service for a Sofitel.
As an advantage plus member and staying at Sofitel hotels around the world this property really needs to work on staff customer service and what is appropriate manners.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank LoveToTravel-AU

Dear LoveToTravel-AU,

Merci for your feedback with details in depth.

We are happy you enjoyed our newly designed rooms, central location and rich breakfast spread.

Please accept our apologies that you found some of our Ambassadors' attitude rude - rest assured this is not what we are recognized for and we will work immediately to promote the friendly and professional demeanor we are worldwide known for.

Please drop me a note at h1603-qc@sofitel.com if you may have any additional comments or we can be of any assistance at all

We do hope to have the plaisir to welcome you back and create a Magnifique memory instead!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I'm sorry to say but this Sofitel disappointed me. From the moment I checked in, the concierge guy did not offer to help with luggage while he got nothing going on - maybe he's a security guy? I wouldn't know; prior to that, I in fact arrived the hotel first without luggage in early morning, the reception girl appeared angry - ok I could get that, you were resting. Not big deal.

The hotel location is good which is true, the price is good for the area which is also true. I ended up extending the stay, I thought I wouldn't bother to move around because I got sick during the trip and there's still work to be done. What really pissed me and made me finally move was, the reception told me the last extend I made on accor site were not paid and it's not even from accor site; I had to stood there and explained to her for like 20min while I was feeling real sick and sweating. All that. Anyway what's the point to stay here that I had to waste energy on such things.

No standard Sofitel greetings on phone in most case.
In room dining menu is good.
Housekeeping staffs were the only ones always smile to you and seemed like willing to help.

Maybe it really was my bad luck, so good luck with yours.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank vliujunyan
SofitelSHHyland, Manager at Sofitel Shanghai Hyland, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear vliujunyan,

Merci for your review with details in depth.

Firstly, thank you for the compliments for our smiling Housekeeping team and the delicious Room Service menu!

We are really sorry to read about your unfortunate experience with the Concierge and Reception teams. Please rest assured this is not the typical attitude of our Ambassadors and it is is not what we are recognized for. We will work immediately with the teams to promote the friendly and professional demeanor Sofitel is worldwide known for.

Please drop me a note at H1603-qc@sofitel.com if you may have any additional comments or if we can assist you with anything

We hope to have the opportunity to erase this experience and create a Magnfiique memory together in the near future!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Nice hotel in front of the Nanjing Street. Distance to Yu Yuan Garden, Tian Zi Fang, The Bund are just 10 to 15 mins by taxi. Modern room at the lower floor but the room is a bit small. Comfortable bed wz housekeeping twice a day. Very near to the metro subway. Convenient stay for business travellers as this hotel is located in the city centre.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor to get the view of The Bund.

Dear CTKW,

Merci beaucoup for your review.

It was a plaisir to read about your enjoyable stay here with us in the busy city of Shanghai. We are happy you enjoyed one of our newly designed rooms on the lower floors.
We have just launched ten newly renovated guest floors and the rooms indeed are modern and feature the signature Sofitel MyBed.

We are looking forward to welcoming back soon!

An Accor traveler
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed August 5, 2014

It was my business trip, I stayed at 24th floor and I was satisfied!!
Bed was comfortable, room was clean, food was delicious!!

Best place for the sightseeing...

Very comfortalbe and nice business trip!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
1  Thank Daniel L

Dear Daniel L,

Merci beaucoup for your review!

It was a plaisir to have you staying with us here in Shanghai and we have certainly shared your compliments with the team.

We hope to welcome you back soon for your next business trip to the city!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Hotel has been renovated. Was upgraded so all the more i was impressed. Hope standard rooms are renovated too. Downside, no swimming pool and the steam sauna is a bit cramp. Otherwise it has the sofitel touch. Location is perfect.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank nobelgan
SofitelSHHyland, Manager at Sofitel Shanghai Hyland, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear nobelgan,

Merci beaucoup for your wonderful review!

We are pleased you enjoyed one of our newly designed rooms. We are also happy to share with you we have indeed successfully launched ten new guest room floors and are planning the soft renovation of the rest of the hotel in the near future.

We hope to welcome you back soon!