“Fabulous Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong”

Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong
Ranked #2 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
Singapore
“Fabulous Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

A very swanky hotel in the heart of Shanghai Pudong. Super big rooms with all the mod cons, great Executive Lounge that is perfect for meetings, well equipped gym (a TRX machine would be a good addition), spectacular indoor pool and jacuzzi pool over looking Shanghai and first class service. Will definitely be back again!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed March 19, 2013

For three days and two nights, I recently had the pleasure to stay at this newly opened Hotel, which has been quietly set back from the normally busy Century Avenue in Pu Dong, Shanghai.

Cocooned inside a converted Office Tower, where the Ferrari and Maserati car showroom resides, is a pleasant experience waiting to happen for those seeking a luxury boutique Hotel, without some of the normal bells and whistles of a much larger property – such as a grandiose lobby that its Sister has in PuXi.

Rooms are well appointed, spacious, and very comfortable. Great beds and soft linens always make a big difference, and this Four Seasons in my humble opinion, has got this down pat. The Bathroom is likewise spacious, complete with a double vanity, mirror TV, waterproof international power socket (thankfully no unnecessary shaver socket), and almost the right level of lighting.

There are great amenities to include that largest Cotton Buds I’ve ever seen in a Hotel room and the colors of the amenities coincidentally match the unmistakable colors of the vroom vroom cars in the showroom just a few floors below. I wonder if that was done on purpose.

The desk is also of the right size and well fitted out with excellent supplies and a connectivity panel close at hand complete with a selection of cables. The panel has two international power outlets, but for those of us who require more (like me), they have thoughtfully supplied an extension cord allowing you to connect four more devices. Unfortunately, they did not test it with UK plugs, since it will only take two at a time – but you can fit four of the US type without problem.

Wi-Fi was free (for me) and worked well allowing you up to three devices to be concurrently connected. Personally I had more, so had to do a little juggling and this was slightly annoying.

Lights and Blinds are fairly easily controlled from the bedside unit, but you may need a little experimenting before getting the sequence correct. For those of you who like drapes, sorry there are none – just electric blinds that go up/down at the press of a button, and when closed, give you a feeling of being nicely tucked away inside your own oasis.

There are plenty of things to watch on the TV, even a safety video, and I’m reliably informed that movies on-demand may soon be implemented. But for now, they have lots of international channels and a Blu-Ray player for those who BYO discs. And as I mentioned earlier, they have a connectivity panel if you want to hook up your own device by cable. There is even an Apple charging cable ready at the desk (I first thought it was a Internet cable – oops) and later realized my oversight. Unfortunately, there is no Lightning adaptor – so I used my own converter. At the bedside there is a JBL sound dock.

Room Service worked well – and after placing an order and being told it would be delivered in about thirty minutes, the doorbell surprisingly rang after only fifteen. Food was well presented and very pleasant. Two things could have been done better. Provide a glass or bottle of water with the meal even though I had not requested a beverage, and for some crackers to be supplied with the cheese plate. Otherwise, it was nice, well portioned and I especially liked the cubes of watermelon in my salad. A refreshing touch!

The shower was great – one of the best I’ve encountered in a long time. Excellent water pressure, the right temperature, and there is even a seat inside the cubicle. Both rain and hand showers are supplied.

The Bathroom mirror TV was a welcome facility, and if you leave the toilet cubicle door ajar, you can easily watch it while contemplating the business at hand… a small shelf allows you to rest your mobile device appropriately.

Plenty of closet and hanging space and the Safe is easily accessed in a drawer nearby the TV. Smoke hoods and a torch have been placed in the room for your added safety.

The mini bar is well stocked and there is a Ferrari red Espresso machine with four capsules – two regular and two decaffeinated. You may need to spend a few minutes understanding the instructions, but after you get the hang of it, the coffee is very pleasant. For tea drinkers, there is a fine selection of teas, and a very nice looking teapot. If you don’t use the Kettle, then there is also a spare power socket in this area.

The Club Lounge is huge and seems disproportionate to the size of Hotel. Having said that, the staffs are very attentive and I want to give a special shout out to Fifi and Vivienne who looked after me very well during my stay. If you are a Club Floor guest, the Hotel allows you use their Board Room free for 1-hour, and so along with two other business associates we took advantage of this great offer. The room is well fitted out, and the service excellent.

Generally, however, the choice of items on the Breakfast buffet were adequate, but at Happy Hour, lacked selection. Perhaps because only I and one business associate were in the room…one thing worth noting was that I did find the glass cloches on some of the dishes surprisingly heavy to lift, which made me nervous holding them knowing that they may slip and break. This should be looked into.

Overall, a very pleasant stay, and if I’m in need of a place to stay in Shanghai, and my budget can stretch that far, I will be back. Now, I just have to try out their other recently opened properties in China.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tronson
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Photos say much more than my words to tell how gorgeous this hotel is, such as mixture of black, white & red interior design and the marble indoor swimming pool. I have seen a lot of landmark properties since I have stayed in many 5 stars hotels and lived in serveral luxury residences. Not all of them like Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong knows how to use expensive building materials with style and nothing too much.

Thank God! I slept so well. Thanks a lot for the comfortable bed and pillow!!! The quality of complimentary tea bag at mini bar was high, the Longjing was my favourite. I had chocolate and biscuit for turn down snack. Both of them were delicous.Don't miss the Chinese restaurant Shang-Xi. I had a fabulous lunch there.

If you have read my reviews in Tripadvisor, you may find that I always concern about the swimming pool and relaxtion facilities. It's because I swim almost everyday and I go to luxury hotel spa around once per week to release stress. So, I think I am entitle to say this hotel has very good swimming pool and jacuzzi. The infinity-edge and flat bottom of the pool reduced wave and smoothed the water flow.

The location was excellent for both business and leisure traveller. It took only 2 mins walk to subway station, was closed to SWFC and IFC and only 2 stations away to the Bund.

If you insist me to tell any weakness of this hotel, I only can say the Kohler hand shower was not strong enough for me and the service was just not perfect, only tiny little mini thing, not worth to mention about it.

I believe Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong will become top 10 Shanghai hotel in Tripadvisor very soon.

Room Tip: Premier Pearl View Room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SpaAddictor
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my second stay at the hotel, the first stay was on business, the second time to visit Shanghai with my wife and celebrate her birthday. We were met at the reception by the general manager, Rainer Stampfer and Helen Shi and my wife was presented with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It was a lovely personalised welcome and quite unexpected. We had also been upgraded to an executive suite with a view of the Pearl Tower and a birthday cake awaited us in our room. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the views over Shanghai are amazing. Service levels in the hotel are high, as you would expect from Four Seasons but with a real sense amongst the staff there of a desire to exceed your expectations. The spa and infinity edge pool on the 41st floor are equally amazing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful experience it was especially from Fay (Guest Relations Manager) as she helped me to set up everything to propose to my girlfriend, as i was expecting from a Four Seasons, nice and friendly staff, beautiful modern rooms, with an amazing view of the pearl tower, but what goes beyond is the amazing pool on the 41st floor, simply WOW...

The only negative would be the so-so service at Camelia Restaurant, they offer still water, but they didn't say they will charge 95 Rmb or 15 usd for a bottle of water that we didn't even order, my fiancee order a linguini with basil and shrimps and she was brought a spaghetti bolognese, they just said sorry brought a side dish of four shrimps and charge the pasta as a linguini (not very four seasons) last but not least the waiter didn't know at what time buffet started in the morning..

Overall a great, wonderful experience, in this chic modern new hotel in the heart of Pudong.. We will be back soon...

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times and once for a period of 1 month. Rooms are spacious and with a nice design. Overall service level is good. Nice restaurant on the top floor with a fantastic view on the river and the Puxi side of Shanghai. You have choice between a buffet or a la carte with very reasonable price. Quality is good, nothing superior but good value for money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
thailand
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have spent just recently stay with my friend. we had a nice experiences and welcome. food was great. everything was organize for us and even thought we have choose with a good location with nice view room. i would love to come here for the next tip and would recommend to friends!!

Room Tip: High floor room is good!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends