“Disappointing crepes”

Crepes & Co. (Shanghai Centre)
Ranked #55 of 81 Dessert in Shanghai
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Jing'an
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I'm a huge crepe fan so was delighted to find this place in Shanghai. The staff were friendly and the menu seemed really nice. I really wanted to like this place but the crepes themselves were a huge disappointment - rubbery and bland, with the filling piled up in one area leaving a wide expanse of dry empty crepe. Not impressed.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stumbled upon this place accidentally while exploring West Nanjing Road. First, I found the Ritz-Carlton Plaza, which was just spectacular in every aspect possible, and then I discovered Crepes & Co. hidden behind Starbucks on the plaza map. I had JUST gotten a flimsy banana and strawberry crepe from Berry Berry Berry in the basement of the Westgate mall, so I had no room for another one right then but I returned to the place two days later, my eyes set on the banana bailey's sweet crepe option (after having taken a quick peak at the menu the first time). I went at at around 6PM on a Tuesday, so it was empty aside from the friendly, decently-English speaking staff. I got my choice of seating at a two top in front of the bar (the place is dark but cozy and warm with a nice outdoor patio as well) and skimmed through the menu once more even though I already knew what I wanted. Other savory options and salads were tempting though, but I didn't want to spend over 100RMB which would have happened if i had gotten 2 dishes. So, I stuck to the original plan, ordering the banana baileys (banana, vanilla ice cream, caramel, and baileys). The chef prepared it immediately (the bar was raised so I unfortunately couldn't watch fully, but I was able to catch him pulling out ingredients and drizzling sugar and chocolate syrup on, which was entertaining. My crepe came out in about 7 minutes and it was monstrous - primarily because of the jumbo scoop of ice cream. The crepe itself was actually much crispier than I had expected, but still very tasty and the amalgamation of of all the ingredients just created a delicious flavor explosion in my mouth. My crepe was 72RMB (most dishes were in the 50-100RMB range) and totally worth the experience. Hoping to make it back some time soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Real friendly service. Nice place for brunch / hangout with friends with kids. They even make 'smiley face' crepe for kids.

Great variety of crepes, Morroccan spice, french classics and fusion. NB, they don't have galette.

**have indoor and outdoor seating

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have eaten at this chain in BKK many a time and have always been happy with the food and service. When we found it in Shanghai, we had to give it a go.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the owner/manager worked at the BKK one for 5 years and as such, the quality of the food and service was on par with back in BKK.

The food itself is good, although you will need a main and desert if your are hungry, but the quality is such that you won't mind!

We will definitely recommend Crepes & Co to friends and family back in Suzhou and will return ourselves next time in Shanghai.

1  Thank Iain D
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We loved this restaurant when we lived in Bangkok and we were happy to see that they opened in mid-2012 in Shanghai. The chefs and staff are trained by the French owners and management, and having a meal there is very pleasant, with attentive service in English or Chinese. Lots of crepes choices, and they also have other treats. The location is superb along Nanjing Road (W), right next to the Ritz Carlton Portman. We go regularly and I look forward to upgrading this to a 5 when they add the pasta dishes too!

1  Thank MominTokyo