“Expensive price tag for a clean restaurant & tasty meal”

Din Tai Fung (Super Brand Mall)
Ranked #13 of 17,142 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lujiazui
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Din Tai Fung was one of our best tasting meals in China, and possibly the most pricy. A meal for four people came up to around 600 RMB (~25 CAD, 24 USD). It was affordable after I did the mental currency conversion to Canadian dollars, but I doubt that it would be affordable for the locals. What does that price get us? A very clean restaurant & washroom, friendly staffs who spoke English, fast service, and a tasty meal. The soup dumplings are a must have, I liked the pork ones the best. The best dish of the evening for me was the coconut soup with tapioca pearls, served chilled. It was delicious and refreshing. I made sure to make a reservation and asked to be seated by the window for a view of the nighttime Shanghai skyline.

I would really appreciate it if you could please check out the travel page of my blog Simply Gluttonous, where you can find a full blog post on Din Tai Fung, as well as a list of other restaurants I visited during my Chinese trip. Thank you for your time!

1  Thank simply_gluttonous

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just walked by and found this branch without a queue in front - during a Saturday afternoon. We took the chance and found the meal and service good as always in Din Tai Fung, if you don't expect fine dining. Especially the view to the Bund from this restaurant is remarkable. For this view you have to pay in other restaurants much more!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Din tai fun is always great any where you go but if you don't want to wait in line go to the on at Jim Mao tower 3f ...
I Love the food and service .

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We know the manager Richie well and he is one of the friendliest and warmest individuals on earth. The food is uniformly tasty and the service is supremely attentive. We take all our family and friends to this wonderful gourmet Taiwanese dumpling and noodle bistro.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Dumplings are considered simple foods. it is easy to make, and simple food. You can make them at home with a variety of stuffings. it is nothing special. However, it is amazing when you tast the dumplings from Din tai Fung, because it is that good! You can continue to order them and it has many kinds. After the meal, when the bill comes, it is a bit pricing. But it is worth it.