Din Tai Fung (World Financial Center)
Ranked #63 of 17,204 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Lujiazui
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Although a franchise, it is worth a visit. This is the third Din Tai Fung I have visited (one in Singapore, another in Chengdu). I dream about the dumplings and whenever I am near one, I need to visit! Consistently very good to excellent.

Good picture menu to help you order from. We will usually order about 6 different dim sum dishes for the two us plus two drinks (non-alcoholic). We are full afterwards and it usually costs about 300ish Yuan. Worth the money as this is the best dim sum I have ever had.

NOTE: if you visit the observation deck first, they will give you coupons for the shops & restaurants in the WFC. There is a coupon for a free almond dessert here if you spend 100Yuan per person.

1  Thank Chr15t1n3

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This famous Taiwanese dumpling restaurant has a formula that works! We eat at three locations in Shanghai...SWFC, Xian Tianxi and Shanghai Center....All are excellent.

First, I love these Shanghai soup dumplings....Xiaolongbao.... Consistently good here....Menu easy for foreigners ...Staff usually has an English speaker when they recognize you speak English....Tables are clean and they cover your bags with a nice slipcover when you sit down...Usually a short wait to get in...further proof this is best place in town....

We love not only dumplings! (Pork, veg, shrimp& pork), but also green beans, bok choy with ginger, soup, noodles, sago tapioca soup with fresh fruit is refreshing dessert....Lovely.

Eat fast or slow....The Staff is efficient, well- trained and everyone says "Hello" & " Good-bye" in either first in English....then Mandarin, if you speak some....

This would do very well in USA, I think....Hmmmmmmm

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am a dim sum's addicted and among the easiest solution for foreigners in search for mouthwatering xiaolongbao and others , Din Tai Fung wherever it is , itrepresents a nice option .
Service is good , quick, you have a lovely choice to pick up from including exquisite vegetables as morning glory and bok choy those are my favourites, noodles, rice, starters and main dishes , someone call Din Tai fung the best fast food chain of Chinese food, hard not to agree
Try their dim sum filled with truffles or mushrooms and you will be amazed
Definitely you can find the same type of food at a fragment of the price but here even if you do not speak Chinese you will find the way to order and to receive a clean and superb example of dumplings . Highly recommended

1  Thank enricoallievi
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Yum yum yum yum yum!

Great food, prompt services and good value.

They are used to novices too.

I couldn't get enough of this place and hope they bring one over to the UK soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had pork and shrimp shu mei, chicken dumplings (xiaolongbao), and spinach. They were all good and quite filling. Our only mistake was ordering the Great Wall chardonnay - yuck. It IS half the price of the other wines but I suggest ordering beer if you can't afford the stiff wine prices. This is a nice place to eat but busy enough to lack romance. They also put the dessert menu in front of you about three times while you're eating.