“Good food and great atmosphere”
Review of Blue Frog (Daning)

Blue Frog (Daning)
Ranked #195 of 17,398 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Life Hub DANING
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Staff spoke good English and were very helpful. Food all came out on time which is a rarity in China and was hot and tasty. No complaints for good service and a great time.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Good environment with free WiFi, good beer & food available and nice people inside. Very popular at Chinese youth and foreign business people, excellent mixture! Try it out!!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

My pals and I like to go to various Blue Frogs around Shanghai every Monday night for the 2-for-1 burger specials. However tonight we had a couple incidents that left a bad taste in our mouth.

Firstly, knowing how packed Blue Frog gets by 6pm on Mondays, I tried to call ahead the day before to make a reservation. I was told by the receptionist that none of the Blue Frogs accept reservations on Mondays. So we arrived at 5:45 and saw several tables available. Phew!, we thought. But no - the greeter told us all these tables were reserved. What? But you said on the phone that no reservations are allowed on Mondays! Yes, the man replied, because the reservations were already booked. No, that's not what you told me on the phone. That's because all the reservations were full, he repeated in classic Chinese-talking-in-circles. Finally, my friend, an expat magazine editor who personally knows Bob Boyce (the owner), threatened to put in a call if they didn't find us a table. They promptly did, and we enjoyed our meal. By 6:30 we saw why all the tables had been reserved - large groups of young Chinese professionals who work nearby were obviously the preferred clientele of this Blue Frog establishment. Clearly only reservations for foreigners were not allowed. Maybe a call to Bob Boyce is in order after all.

Our second incident arrived with our food - my other friend is allergic to onions and dislikes sauteed vegetables; he specifically ordered a veg burger "with no onions and no vegetables". The waitress made a note in her book. The food arrived soon: "veg burger no onions or vegetables?" she announced, and handed it to my friend. He opened up the bun and sure enough there's onions and vegetables galore. Not a big deal - he just scooped them out and gave them to me - but it demonstrated that while the waitress was aware of the request, she had failed to pass it on to the chef.

Stuff like this happening back West results in free orders and the occasional law suit if the person becomes sick from allergies. Even though this is China, western-owned restaurants still need to train their local staff and management better or they'll run your business's reputation right to the ground.

But we still do love our Monday burgers and fries at Blue Frog, so we hope management shapes up so we don't have another night like this.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We have lived in China for 7months now and love coming here! The staff are super friendly, will make sure your meal is fine, which is not common practice here!

Blue Frog is our treat - food from home!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

By far Blue Frog one of the best restaurants in Shanghai. Food is really good, service is great, and waiters/waitresses are super-super- friendly.
Mexican Burger is my Fav on Monday ( where they have buy one and get one free; burger offer)... in general, I love their Salads, appetizers and deserts everything about this restaurant. I was a bit surprized while reading the reviews, I thought most people would praise this delicious place.