“Excellent local guide”

and up
Private Day Tour To Nanxun Water Village from Shanghai
Ranked #20 of 106 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: See modern China in place no other than Shanghai. Knowing the city from various sides, I am committed to making your tour experience exceed expectation.Aside from regular tours that cover all the popular tourist's spots, I am specially focused on bringing you culture&lifestyle-oriented perspectives by organizing featured activities, which involve you in a close touch with local residents. Programs include practising Taichi, learning cooking, learning calligraphy, watching attired opera, viewing tea ceremony, playing Longtang games, all at your requests.Explore Shanghai, Experience China!
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent local guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I utilized Harris' tour services during a recent business trip to Shanghai. I was incredibly pleased with everything he arranged. All of the logistics were well planned and thoughtful, from airport-hotel transportation to tours of the area. His suggestions were all excellent - where to stay, where to eat, what to visit. Having been concierge at a large American chain hotel means that Harris also has a great idea of what Westerners do and do not like to eat. This is incredibly important and a rare skill in China. Harris' English is also excellent. He understands Western business customs and helped me to understand Chinese customs to make my business meetings more effective. Finally, Harris' knowledge of the sites we visited was unsurpassed. Since our tours, I have recommended Harris to several other colleagues. It is quite easy for me to recommend him to you.

Visited October 2013

Newcastle, Australia
“Very helpful and informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I enlisted the help of Harris when we visited Shanghai on business with two of my colleagues. Our first day with Harris was spent sight seeing and we crammed lots into a very enjoyable day around Shanghai including a traditional Chinese meal in a restaurant in the French Concession we would have never found, fantastic experience. The second day Harris acted as an interpreter for us during our visit to a trade show. We found Harris to be always punctual, professional, informative and very proactive in suggestions to make your trip enjoyable. He is also very good company and has a great sense of humour. We will be returning every 2 years and I look forward to seeing him again. I strongly recommend Harris as an excellent Guide and a must for a seamless and enjoyable trip to Shanghai.

Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Best of the best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

My family and I were lucky enough to visit China this last week and spent 3 days with Harris Gu as our guide. We were met by Harris at the airport and had a chance to get acquainted on the ride to our hotel. As first time travelers to Asia, I have to say that this made things so much easier for us right off, as we speak really Chinese at all. We visited all of the attractions we wanted to see as well as a few that Harris recommended. One of the best experiences was actually something off the cuff that our teenage son asked for- lunch at a restaurant that served the soup dumplings. It was tiny and we sat across from strangers and shared some dishes as well as enjoyed our own. The people were so nice and the restaurant smelled amazing and the food was better than we even thought it could be. ( We even managed to feed ourselves with chopsticks, although our son did a much better job according to Harris!!). He is a kind and warm and intelligent person, with a lot of knowledge to share in a way that doesn't come off as too professorial. We enjoyed the sights, the things we learned as well as his company. He even helped us with dinner reservations on the Bund at "Mr. and Mrs. Bund" ( a must visit, in my opinion). But the coolest thing he arranged for us, outside of the daily sights, was a spot in a local fitness club for a Les Mills Body Pump class. It's something we like to do when we travel if we can and for him to help us with this was far beyond the call of duty.... It was an AMAZING time and Shanghai is an enchanting city. Harris Gu is the one you want at your side if you want to see and experience Shanghai and all it has to offer. I wish we could give him 6 stars. We have travelled extensively and haven't had better...

Visited November 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

My partner and I visited Shanghai recently and were fortunate enough to have Harris as our guide. He arrived promptly at the hotel and was very friendly and courteous. He provided a driver for the day, which was very convenient. Harris took us to all of the sights we requested to see and was very knowledgeable and interesting. He was happy to answer all of our questions about life in China and was enthusiastic about his job. He is also very organized. We would not hesitate to recommend his services to anyone visiting Shanghai.

Visited November 2013
Helena, Montana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Ideal Guide for Shanghai area water towns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I utilized the services of Harris Gu on a recent visit to the water towns near Shanghai. I let him know a few months in advance what I was hoping to see while in the area. I primarily was there to photograph. Harris offered up suggestions, made lodging arrangements, and served as both a guide and driver. He was most helpful in translating with the locals for me and making sure I was experiencing the best in the villages of Xitang and Zhouzhuang. Harris was very mindful of costs during my visit so I could stay within my budget; he has a great personality, thorough knowledge of the area and China in general, and his easygoing manner makes him a delight to travel with. Should I return, I will definitely reach out to him.

Visited October 2013