“Top Notch Guide”

$68.80*
Private Day Tour to Zhujiajiao Water Village from Shanghai with Organic Lunch
$69.50*
and up
All Inclusive Private Shanghai Temple and Artwork Tour: A Deeper Understanding...
$72.50*
Private Day Tour To Nanxun Water Village from Shanghai
Ranked #21 of 123 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: See modern China in place no other than Shanghai. Knowing the city from various sides, I am committed to making your tour experience exceed expectation.Aside from regular tours that cover all the popular tourist's spots, I am specially focused on bringing you culture&lifestyle-oriented perspectives by organizing featured activities, which involve you in a close touch with local residents. Programs include practising Taichi, learning cooking, learning calligraphy, watching attired opera, viewing tea ceremony, playing Longtang games, all at your requests.Explore Shanghai, Experience China!
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Harris Gu is a top notch guide, a native of and resident of Shanghai, a good travelling companion, flexible, knowledgable and easy to chat with. I was very happy to have booked with Harris for the second time in three years.
Prosaic matters such as shipments and tailor-made smart phone plans Harris handles with seeming ease.
This facilitator's true worth comes from having, with considerable effort, researched Shanghai's myriad hidden corners.
Irrespective of where we happened to find ourselves, Harris knew of an excellent restaurant just around the corner that specialized in some facet of Shanghai's considerable cuisine, to my delight.
The Guqin Society Offices, the Communist Party Cadre Retreat, Song Ching-Ling's former residence, learning how to tune a pipa and a guzheng all tumbled easily, as did tickets to the musical comedy "Women Should be Rich", People's Theatre, the comedy "Finding Your Destiny" in the avant-garde Jasmine Theatre. Longhua Temple mid lunar month, coupled with beautiful French Quarter streets, dancers in Fuxing Park and many more - so rich was the city Harris had on offer.
Thank you, Harris, for a wonderful Shanghai stay.
Andy Bagnall, Canada

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We are well-traveled / had been to Shanghai last year. However, we had an opportunity to re-visit Shanghai while doing a much larger Indochina trip this year so we wanted to visit one of the water towns (as they are known) 2 hours outside of the city. Must admit we waited until just a few weeks before we arrived to find an available guide. Originally we contacted the guide(s) we used last year for the City who were not available. VERY HAPPY to say that we were VERY LUCKY to have by-chance contacted Harris (via a different web site). He promptly e-replied to my question: "Nanxun or Tongli"? He said Nanxun without hesitation which was certainly authentic in terms of the "real China" outside of the big cities. (Trust me-- there was not a single non-Chinese person on Sunday, October 27 in Nanxun). Harris has an excellent command of English with a lot of vocabulary that I have not experienced in Asia to date. This really helped as we wanted to "connect the dots" with regard to culture, history, religion, etc., building on our trip to Shanghai in 2013. Harris employed a good driver with a van for our little group of 3 (plus Harris and driver). The highway out to Nanxun is excellent, BTW. Once he realized we wanted to really understand the cultural context of Nanxun this set the stage for a good day trip. Harris really aims to please from the "basics" (bathroom breaks, safety, etc.)-- but you really need to be engaged / better to done your reading a bit to get the most out of his knowledge & experience. Highly recommend Harris Gu. (too bad he could not use a blue light on the top of the van to get past the Shanghai return traffic like they can in Moscow which we joked with him about) Bravo-- Nanxun context would not have been the same without Harris. Tom & Jeff & Joanne.

1  Thank wolfgang333
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Wonderful experience !!
HARRIS is a very nice and friendly person….
He speaks a fluent English and has a good historical and cultural knowledge … he was open to changes in our schedule and studied a special tour based on what I like and my requests….
He made me feel comfortable and tour with him , for me , was like touring with an old friend !!
Thanks HARRIS

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure to spend 12 days in Shanghai with Harris as our guide. He is a very pleasant chap, extremely knowledgeable about Chinese culture and history, and his English is flawless. Thanks to him, we learned, and saw, a lot, particularly outside the beaten paths. I absolutely recommend him.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

To Whom it May Concern;

During our stay in Shanghai, we asked Harris Gu to be our private guide for a day.

Harris was a delight. He arranged safe, comfortable transportation. He communicated well with us.

He made sure that we were able to do everything that we wanted to do, in an organized way.

He never rushed us and always made sure that all of our needs were met.

Harris Gu is professional, organized, and a pleasure to be around.

Jamie ,Melanie,Eddie,Heather from Florida