“Outstanding tour guide”

Book In Advance
More Info
$106.00*
and up
Private Suzhou Ancient Town and Tongli Water...
Ranked #11 of 143 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: See modern China in place no other than Shanghai. Knowing the city from various sides, I am committed to making your tour experience exceed expectation.Aside from regular tours that cover all the popular tourist's spots, I am specially focused on bringing you culture&lifestyle-oriented perspectives by organizing featured activities, which involve you in a close touch with local residents. Programs include practising Taichi, learning cooking, learning calligraphy, watching attired opera, viewing tea ceremony, playing Longtang games, all at your requests.Explore Shanghai, Experience China!
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I spent two fascinating and enjoyable days touring Shanghai with Harris Gu. Harris is the perfect tour guide. He is punctual, detail oriented, friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable about Shanghai. His knowledge about history, geography, social issues and current affairs as they apply to China made this visit to Shanghai absolutely perfect. I strongly encourage anyone who is considering to hire a private guide while in Shanghai to contract with him. Thanks Harris for an incredibly interesting visit to your magnificent city

All reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 9 reviews
"command of english"
in 4 reviews
"lots of interesting information"
"excellent english"
in 17 reviews
"customs"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Harris was an energetic young man who was punctual, factual, helpful and able to think on his feet. We hired Harris for 7 days going to Hangzhou, Suzhou as well as Shanghai. Harris travelled with us to Suzhou, and we paid his previously agreed reasonable accommodation and meal costs, as it was difficult to find a guide in Suzhou. Suzhou is normally covered by a daytrip from Shanghai, but we wanted to cover the surrounding area more fully. We had two minor incidences that happened to us unrelated to Harris, and it was his quick thinking and mature attitude that got us out of trouble and kept us safe. We very much appreciated his help. We can recommend Harris to anyone with the knowledge that he will guide you to anywhere that you wish to go, using his travel plans or your own. Whilst we arranged our own hire car, Harris on one occasion hired a car for us in Hangzhou and it was a very satisfactory arrangement. Harris can hire a vehicle of any make or model to suit your requirements.

1  Thank TravelPlanner2000
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Harris is a wonderful guide , he knows a lot about Shanghai's history . He has very good manners and he is very suitable to guide all sorts of people .
For conclusion I would say that Harris is a wonderful guide who have great impact on the way I see Shanghai

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We just had 4 days tour with Harris to Zhouzhuang, Tongli and 2 days in Hangzhou. We glad we took our tour with him, he is friendly, professional and punctual. His english is also quite good and he is quite knowledgeable.

We decided to change a few of our itineries on the day and he managed to arrange everything within our schedule. We surely recommend Harris for a trip in Shanghai.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My friend and I have learned to use a guide to"cut to the chase" and save time by doing so. We are thus not wandering around trying to find a place we want to see and then having to exclaim it is beautiful but what are we really seeing. We used Harris's services for this very reason. He is very knowledgeable and has an easy going style that makes him easy to be with. A friend of mine told me about Harris. We were so happy we followed Karen's recommedation to hire him. I will hire him again when I am back in Shanghai.