“Bad experience with the restaurant”
Review of El Patio - CLOSED

El Patio
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Former French Concession
Singapore, Singapore
“Bad experience with the restaurant”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

By the time I am writing this review, I am still in the restaurant and waiting for my dessert.

I ordered my gazpacho and black rice with squid, while I was having my bread, wait for my soup, my black rice arrived, I did not make any special request, I ask waiter to serve my gazpacho and return the rice to kitchen, half way I was enjoying my soup, my rice was served to my table again, I did not ask for it, then I sent it back to kitchen again. After my soup, I told the waitress only serve my rice when I call for it, a few minutes later the rice was served to my table again which again I did not call for it, I request to sent it back for the third time, till now none of supervisor or manager came to apology. I took a break for about a 15 minutes, then called for my rice, 25 minutes later, when I checked with waitress where is my rice, she told me my rice had been served to me, I asked for the manager, she came about 15 minutes later with the chef,after I ask for manager
twice, instead of listen to what I would say, she blowed with the rice was served four times to my table (now the rice finally arrived), then I asked her was this my fault? Then she said no no no, but just not with listen ears, then promised a good taste of rice and a free drink or something then left. Black rice is not bad, but with this kind of service and the price I pay, for sure I deserve something better.
The waitress came to me and apologized to the mistake, and offered me free dessert, by the time I ordered my chocolate dessert, a waitress only speak Chinese took my order (all menu without Chinese), minutes later came back to my table with Chinese guy ask me if I want to order this and emphasis to me it would take 15 minutes (with the tone that I could not wait for that long), then I told him I was fine with it as I was not in a hurry, while I was waiting for my dessert, another waiter came to ask me if I would like to order any dessert, now I got more attention. Dessert was OK.
The villa is nice, but the service, really bad, food OK, but I deserve better.

• Visited June 2013

Hong Kong, China
“Great start, average finish”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Beautiful building & room; charming service from the manager, Lara, & the floor staff, though making them mix the steak tartar guéridon style is very unfair, especially when the kitchen hadn't portioned the condiments correctly, so it had to be made twice. The floor staff didn't ask the chef to serve the table, so I don't see why he should ask them to make the food for him....
Great starters, superb wine, but the mains were more French in style than Spanish, with a gloopy jus served on all of them that we chose, that had more in common with gravy than anything else, & none of the sticky, Madeira-like quality that a proper jus should have. All good really except for the main courses, but that is easily solved.

Visited April 2013
shanghai
“nice place, crazy prices, food mama huhu”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Italian.
The place decoration is really nice and I liked the Spanish guitar player.
I had the black rice with calamari (waited almost one hour) and it was overcooked.
my friends share the pork cheeks (good), the bull tail (good), the beef tartar ( really no good and I grew up with raw meat) . They also had the clam rice (this was the worst rice ever taste in my life) they should call it minestrone at most.
Food price is an absolute nonsense.
service is ok.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank octagonal10
Shanghai, China
“Not a good experience!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

For a supposedly fine dining venue, the fine dining was missing.
Servers and service was basically non existent, continuously had to find servers.
A lot if menu items were not available, the hot entrees came tepid warm or cold, and info want Nespresso coffees, I can get the pods on my own!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LucioK
Boston, Massachusetts
“Change is not always good..”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This beautiful spanish-french fusion restaurant, located in the heart of the French Concession for years was one on my top picks in Shanghai. Unfortunately this week they changed their chef for the second time in 3 months, which came along with a complete staff change, leaving it another poor serviced and bland location struggling to survive in the cut throat Shanghai restaurant scene.

• Visited April 2013