“Leisurely day around a lake”
Review of Miki Tours

Miki Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$69.00*
and up
Explore the Different Angle of Shanghai including Zhujiajiao and City Highlights
Ranked #2 of 36 Food & Drink in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for young children
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Leisurely day around a lake”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

It was hairy crab season and I asked Miki to take me on agri-tourism to Yangcheng Lake. Typically, the crab houses are hosted by farmers offering a simple yet authentic dining experience. It's a pilgrimage made by increasing number of local gourmets each fall.

Miki found a farmer who is a true local and less business oriented to ensure a quality experience. She also arranged all the transportation and even lunch selection (besides the crab).

This was an extra day trip after 11 days of packed group tour in China. I'm glad Miki arranged a leisurely day as requested. So, we were able to explore the island and even found an extra appetizer for lunch.

As others have mentioned, she can be quite humorous and fun-loving. At the same time, she keeps your best interest in mind. At the end, it's almost like traveling with a friend. Very highly recommended.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank XLBFan

• Polish first
Launceston, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best day with Miki”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My daughter and I had the best couple of days with Miki as our tour guide. We had so much fun and visited places we couldn't have found on our own. The day visiting the water villages was brilliant with a delicious meal, collecting produce from a local farmer and a cooking lession. Miki tailored our tour to provide an itinerary that was specific to our interests. Miki is an excellent guide and I highly recommend her to other travellers.

Visited December 2013
5 Thank Pam S
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful Guide in Shanghai”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We emailed Miki to set up our one day tour in Shanghai.Unfortunately Miki was already booked on the day of our tour.She introduced us to Tifa,her good friend.Tifa was wonderful.We had fun times exploring Shanghai through out the day.Tifa was also very nice,friendly and patient to my son and niece.The kids like her so much.They are still talking about Tifa and wish we could spend more time with Tifa in Shanghai.Tifa took us to a delicious reasonable restaurant for lunch and we also dine out together right before the Circus time.It was just wonderful to spend a whole day with Tifa,as we didn't have that much time to explore the city by ourselves.Tifa just always know what's the best for us.The circus is also a must see in Shanghai.The kids loved it.We sure will contact Miki and Tifa again when we are back to Shanghai.We wish to visit the water village some other time.Thanks Tifa for the wonderful day in Shanghai and thanks Miki for introducing us to Tifa.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Adinda-Dhewiyani
Charlotte, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A day of tea and more”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had the pleasure of Miki showing me the area of Hangzhou with the mountains of tea. She made the experience completely easy and care-free with pre-booking of trains, etc. The insight I was able to get with her explanations, stories, lunch selections, etc far surpassed anything I might have been able to get on my own. I usually travel solo and find my own way about but I do not regret, at all, getting Miki's expertise for this.

I look forward to meeting up with her again my next time there.

She has my highest recommendation.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank davidgrahammd
Warwick, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 202 helpful votes
“Great day in the water villages”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Had a wonderful day with Miki. Having seen much of the city in previous visits it was great to have the chance to get our and see some of the nearby villages. Miki was an excellent guide. She is clearly is sensitive to the needs of particular groups and can tailor itineraries and content accordingly. Miki was great fun and we had the right mix of food, fun, sightseeing and some cultural insight.

Visited December 2013