“A day of tea and more”

Miki Tours
Book In Advance
$63.50*
and up
Xitang Water Village Sunset Tour including Riverside Dining Experience from...
$69.00*
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had the pleasure of Miki showing me the area of Hangzhou with the mountains of tea. She made the experience completely easy and care-free with pre-booking of trains, etc. The insight I was able to get with her explanations, stories, lunch selections, etc far surpassed anything I might have been able to get on my own. I usually travel solo and find my own way about but I do not regret, at all, getting Miki's expertise for this.

I look forward to meeting up with her again my next time there.

She has my highest recommendation.

3  Thank davidgrahammd

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Had a wonderful day with Miki. Having seen much of the city in previous visits it was great to have the chance to get our and see some of the nearby villages. Miki was an excellent guide. She is clearly is sensitive to the needs of particular groups and can tailor itineraries and content accordingly. Miki was great fun and we had the right mix of food, fun, sightseeing and some cultural insight.

2  Thank Kingmaker
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My friend and I were on business in Shanghai and had a Sunday spare. We used Miki to introduce us to the highlights of the city and were not disappointed! Miki met us at the hotel and we walked the city and used public transport. She has a very good knowledge of the city and we particularly liked her extensive set of maps and photos on her iPad, which she used to illustrate the points she was making. Her English is good and she has a great sense of humuor! Is she the number one attraction in Shanghai? Is she better than the Bund?! We joked with her about this - maybe, maybe not - but she is a great guide and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her, and use her again in the future!

5  Thank tony_cleo
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I spent five days in Shanghai and were fortunate to have local tour guide Miki for two days. On the first day Miki met us in our hotel and we headed off together for a full day exploring Shanghai. We got to see the Bund and its historic buildings, the old town and its bustling markets, Yuyuan Garden, French Concession area, Taikang Road and its interesting variety of shops, Peoples Square and Peoples Park and the modern Pudong district. Miki provided expert commentary on all the sights and took us to a local restaurant for lunch which served deliciious food. On day two Miki organised a driver with a brand new vehicle to pick us up from the hotel for a trip to the country side. About an hour from the city our first stop was an ancient little water town called Jinze. This peaceful village had no tourists and we walked down the cobblestone lanes aong the waterways watching the local people go about about their daily lives. The town has a wide variety of historic bridges built over the canals. The second stop was a larger water town called Zhujiajiao. Feeling hungry on arrival Miki took us to a restaurant for lunch where we sat on a balcony overlooking the waterway. Lunch included the freshest crabs we have ever had and shall never forget. After lunch we strolled past the many old buildings lining the riverbanks containing spice stores, gift shops, tea houses and galleries before returning to our hotel with Miki and our driver in his lovely new car. Miki is a truly wonderful person who made our visit to this great city a memorable one. Her detailed knowledge, friendly nature and desire to ensure visitors have a great time make her the perfect choice as your tour guide.

6  Thank Tabila
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We had one more day in Shanghai than we'd originally planned for, and my wife somehow found Miki and arranged for a day visiting some villages about an hour from the city. Man, were we lucky!
The peaceful life of the (as yet undeveloped) first village we saw was a world away from the hustle and bustle of Shanghai, and walking through fields of rice, cotton, soybeans, and loofas (go figure... I didn't even know that was a plant!) gave us a fascinating view into the rural side of China. We also got to see a fishing village and a huge garden estate, and listening to Miki tell her own stories along with those of what we were seeing brought the whole day to life.
Our two boys (9&12) had a great time, and they were both adamant that we should give Miki an "excellent" review. The fact that she was able to engage two high-energy boys for an entire day is probably a better indicator than anything else I could think of to describe Miki's energy level.

3  Thank Geoff H