“Best investment you can make”
Review of Miki Tours

Miki Tours
Book In Advance
$63.50*
and up
Xitang Water Village Sunset Tour including Riverside Dining Experience from...
$69.00*
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I spent a week in the Shanghai area in the backend of a business trip with my 22 year old daughter and I was fortunate to get in contact with Miki who helped us organize our trip.

Before the trip Miki helped us out with itineraries and accommodation for Hangzhou, Suzhou and Shanghai. I have an office in Suzhou and Miki recommended we stayed at the Pan Pacifc which turned out to be very nice and well located. Since we started out on our own in Suzhou we had an plan for our day there and then we also got our train tickets sent to the hotel by Miki. This was a great service and I am glad that I engaged Miki for an extra "planning day"; in addition to the train tickets she also helped out with finding a good guide in Hangzhou and itineraries for the days we were on our own.

In Shangahi we had Miki as a tour guide for two of our three days. Her personality is great and her English is very good compared to what I am used to in China. Miki has an in depth knowledge of the places we visited (Yu Garden, Former French Concession, TianZiFang, Fuxin Park, etc) and she shares this and her personal reflections in a very nice way. I have been in China many times, but never before on vacation and I learnt a lot of new things about China and Chinese history.

We also visited ChuJiaJiao a small water town near Shanghai. Miki told us this was maybe not as nice as Tongli but since we were interested in buying some Chinese paintings she knew a very good artist in the village (Mr Hu). Miki's suggestion was spot on, we really liked the work of Mr Hu and we each bought a few paintings. Price were very decent given the quality of the artwork.

I can highly recommend engaging Miki as your guide if you are planning to visit the Shanghai area.

There are newer reviews for Miki Tours

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Me, my wife and our 18 year old daughter spent 2 days with Miki in July 2013. The first day was spent touring Shanghai and on the second day we went to Tongli and Suzhou.
The first thing that we noticed was how friendly and easy going Miki is. For Shanghai, we asked her for suggestions and together we put together a full day of touring, including a delicious dim sum lunch. There were certain things that we wanted to see and other things that Miki suggested that we see. She is very accommodating, and is open to making changes to the itinerary as the day goes on.

I wanted to get a suit made, so we went to the South Bund Fabric market. I didm't really want to spend a lot of time in the market, so asked Miki for her suggestions for a good tailor. She directed us to the tailor that she uses ZhangGui Lin and Jo Jo(1st floor, booth 134). They took my measurements and I had a suit and 2 sports jackets made. They delivered the suit and sports jackets to our hotel the following evening, after we returned from our Tongli tour. Miki was in touch with them and stayed with us until they delivered the clothes, as the tailor who delivered the clothes did not speak English. Jo Jo, at the booth, who took my measurements and helped to choose the styles and fabric spoke perfect English. All of the clothes fit perfectly.

Miki explained a lot of the history of the things that we were seeing.

For Tongli, we stopped at the local market and chose vegetables and chicken.We then dropped all of it off at the home of a local woman. Later, after touring Tongli, Miki and the woman cooked up several really good stir fried dishes. Miki told us that she chose this woman because she was impressed with the cleanliness of her home and kitchen. The plates and glasses came shrink wrapped and sterilized. We did a walking tour of Tongli, and saw several Chinese gardens, some of teh many stone bridges and even a fisherman who has taught his birds to fish.

We were going to see gardens in Suzhou, but it was a very hot day, so we opted to take a boat tour and just go to the silk factory. The factory was interesting, with no pressure at all to buy anything.

Touring with Miki was really like touring with a friend. Not only did she explain the sights and history, but she also told us about her life and her family.

I have no hesitation in recommending Miki to anyone who wants a personalized tour with a knowledgeable and friendly guide.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Miki Wei is an angel - beautiful both inside and out! She gave my dad and I an awe-inspiring three day tour of Shanghai and a few surrounding towns (Tongli water village, Suzhou and Hangzhou). We saw and learned in three days more than most people probably do in three months. I had been to Shanghai before, but thanks to Miki I have an exponentially greater appreciation for the history, culture and romance of this beautiful city. If you visit Shanghai and don't schedule a tour with Miki, you are truly missing out.

Thank you Miki for being such a wonderful guide and friend! Please come visit our home so we can give YOU a tour! :)

We miss you!
Rosie and Randy

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I highly recommend Miki to anyone visiting Shanghai especially to first time visitors. It can be intimidating to visit a huge city like Shanghai, not only because of its size but also due to language barrier. She gave us tons and tons of hospitality and made us settle. Miki is passionate about her job. She is always punctual and knowledgeable about many aspects of the city and outlying areas. You can tell she is naturally a kind person.

3  Thank Barati
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm very glad Miki was recommended to us! She turned out to be an amazing tour guide. A tour with Miki is a unique experience. With Miki we saw the many faces of Shanghai, everything from the traditional Yu garden, the shopping districts and the financial district. She took us off the beaten path too and showed a residential area full of real Chinese life on small alleyways. The best thing about Miki's tour was that she told us a lot about Chinese history, culture and politics. And she would point out places we would not have known to look at otherwise, give us interesting little tidbits of sometimes random information. And of course she eagerly answered all our questions. The icing on the cake is Miki's personality! She is very friendly and fun and open. She made us feel very welcome and shared things about herself and her life. At the end of the tour she even gave us cute little gifts! In addition to all this, Miki is very efficient and organized and devoted to her work and her clients. Everything during our two days in Shanghai ran smoothly, even all the taxi rides that our group of 6 had to take in two different cabs. To make the best of your tour, make sure to tell Miki exactly what you want to see, because she will definitely accommodate your wishes!

3  Thank faithofabegweit