“Excellent tour!” 5 of 5 bubbles

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Excellent tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

My tour with Miki was great! Shanghai is so big I never could have done all we did in one day alone, it would have been too overwhelming.
We saw the Bund, Pudong and French Concession as well as the gardens. We ate lunch and it was great to go somewhere authentic, she was very helpful in helping me order since I don't eat meat or fish. In addition Miki helped me find a tailor and some more shopping. At the end of the day she found me a beautiful and reasonably priced spa for reflexology.
Great tour and Miki is very nice!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank amy1840
ShanghaiguideMiki, Owner at Miki Tours, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Amy: Thank you very much for choosing my service ! Wish you a wonderful 2013 ! Sending my best wishes ! Miki Wei in Shanghai

• Polish first
Chicago, IL
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Way to Experience Shanghai..Thank You Miki”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Miki was the perfect guide for our introduction to Shanghai. Though we had visited 18 months ago prior to a Viking River Tour, Miki gave us a true overview of Shanghai mixed with terrific stories and sidebars. It was my wife, myself and our 20 year older daughter and each and every one of us were equally entranced with Miki and the marvelous city of Shanghai.

The tour was a mix of both walking and taxi rides in getting us around the city. We started with the magnificent Bund walk, then took a ferry to Pudong and walked this terrific urban planning marvel. Unfortunately we did not get to go up to the observatory of TV Tower due to weather. From there we went to Old Shanghai, enjoyed the terrific restoration and toured the Garden Temple which was a highlight. From there lunch at a hidden gem, then a walk through a Shanghai neighborhood that remained in traditional form. Then the French Concession neighborhood; Fortune Park watching outdoor Tai Chai and ball room dancing. Unbelievable. We ended at a truly unique lifestyle center converted from Old Shanghai residences and real streets. Finally, back to the hotel in evening traffic.

It was a tremendous day and we are grateful to Miki for everything. We highly recommend her.

1 Thank jakester20
Dear Jeff: Thank you very much for choosing my service and your comments . It was a lovely with your lovely family ! Sending my wishes to your family ! Miki Wei in Shanghai
Singapore, Singapore
“The best decision made about this holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Hiring Miki's tour guide service is probably the best decision we made about our holiday in Shanghai. We''re a family of four, and had 3 day trips with her to Suzhou/Tongli, Hangzhou, and Shanghai city tour. Thanks to her easy-going and friendly nature, and her wealth of knowledge on the history of the places, we totally enjoyed ourselves during the trips. Unlike some guides from tour agencies who would bring their clients to shop after shop, hoping to earn more commission from the spending, Miki, a freelancer, never did any of that. Her rates are also very reasonable. And with the savings from all her bargaining (our kids were so amazed at how she could bargain the price of a handbag from RMB800 to 240!), it's definitely worth it!

Visited November 2012
ShanghaiguideMiki, Owner at Miki Tours, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Jennie and Hans :

Thank you very much for choosing my service . I am grateful for the advices you have given me . dear Jennie , you are such a wonderful lady .

All my best wishes to your family !

Shanghai China
Oslo, Norway
“My private guidein Shanghai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Miki is a very knoledgable guide. I spent with her 2 days in Shanghai and Hangzhou, which I enjoyed immensely. In these 2 days I found out a lot about Shanghai and China's history, culture, traditions and language. She helped me a lot. Highly recommended!

Dear Victoria :

Thank you very much for choosing my service , I have learned a lot about your country Norway , thanks !

Sending warmest regards !

Scottsdale, AZ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A day with Miki”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I do not write many reviews but will for Miki because she is an extraordinary guide. Her language skills are excellent, she has lovely personality and she knows Shanghai!

1 Thank NickScottsdale_AZ
Dear Connie :

Thank you very much for choosing my service and your review .

All my best wishes to your family !

Shanghai China