“Miki Wei is AMAZING!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Miki Wei is AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We hired Miki for a one day tour in Shanghai. She speaks excellent English and her knowledge of the history of the city is amazing.
She goes above and beyond to make your tour interesting, thought provoking and she is such a sweet, wonderful person.
I would highly recommend using her services.
Carol and Sas

Visited August 2012

• Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Fantastic Guide & very good English !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Awesome!! I had hired Miki first time as interpreter & guide in Sept 2011 & 3 times from then.
She's really good at her work & has a very good English.
I really enjoyed my experience in Shanghai with her.
Shes now a friend & she works for me whenever i am in China.
Friendly & very quick at understanding the purpose.

Visited April 2012
Boise
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Tour Guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Hello,
My 14 year-old son and I just returned from a terrific week in China--made all the better due to Miki's good care! Miki's hospitality started before we arrived as she solicited our feedback to customize several days of touring. Her written and spoken English is very good and easy to understand and she was very responsive in answering our questions. Her tone and professionalism created a great deal of trust even before arriving.

Miki spent two days touring with my son in Suzhou and Nanjing while I was working. Although Miki lives in Shanghai she is knowledgeable about the surrounding cities as well. The days were packed with a diversity of activities and locations. I never had a minute of doubt sending my son off with Miki--she is a great "big sister." My son enjoyed the two days thoroughly. Miki's itinerary included a mix of historical, cultural and scenic activities that kept my son engaged and interested. He was thrilled with what he saw and Miki's help buying several souvenirs and gifts to bring home. At the end of each day Miki provided me with an envelope of receipts and an itemized list of expenses

We spent a day in Shanghai with Miki guiding my son and me to some "off the beaten" track locations. Although some of the places were referenced in the guidebooks we had read, anyone who has been to Shanghai knows that actually finding some of the places on your own is nearly impossible. Miki was able to get us there efficiently and also help provide a richness to the interaction that no guide book is capable. She helped us negotiate with vendors and shop owners to arrive at fair prices. We never felt pressured to go to specific shops or buy specific items.

Finally we were able to enjoy several meals with Miki. She took us to restaurants that were frequented by locals (places without picture menus) and helped us navigate the Chinese menus to order delicious and inexpensive food. This was a highlight of the visits.

While it can be fun to discover the sites of a city on your own, having a friend like Miki is well worth it to truly discover the richness of a city like Shanghai.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank jeff m
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Miki is a fantastic tour guide and I highly recommend her!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

She created a custom tour for me that was perfect. I knew I wanted to do some shopping but wasn't sure about what tourist sites I should visit. It was invaluable having someone who spoke the language and knew how to negotiate a good deal on my shopping trip. She also took me to some interesting tourist sites, introduced me to local shanghai life and took me to great but reasonably priced restaurants. She is full of interesting facts about the city.
I originally hired her for 1 day but extended this to a second day because she was so helpful.
She went out of her way to help me, even accompanying me with all my extra luggage to the Maglev station on my way to the airport - I wouldn't have made it without her in rush hour.
She also arranged a great driver for me in Beijing for a trip to the Mutianyu great wall, avoiding the hassle and overpriced hotel drivers.
If you are looking for a tour guide in Shanghai, Miki is the best!

Visited May 2012
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Great Tour Guide"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Hey Miki, our family and I enjoyed very much you being our tour guide during our stay in Shanghai – Marriot Hotel. You are always friendly, professional and always early. Our 3 kids, Phoebe, Yuki and Yoshi just felt comfortable with you. Miki is well verse in English and Mandarin. She is also able to converse in simple japanese.

She is superb good in co-ordination and good in bargaining with local shops if you are keen in buying any souvneirs back home. Trust me, u wont regret her being your tour-guide.

We have booked Miki for the following tours:

1. Shanghai City Tour

2. Suzhou Tour

3, Hangzhou Tour

Our family felt that the tour package is extremely reasonable. We highly recommend Miki to anyone who is keen to explore Shanghai, Suzhou and Hangzhou especially for those with big family and kids.

We also have a very friendly driver with a nice and comfortable Mercedes mini-van. Our family love the auspicious mini-van plate no. “6666″ (6 means Lucky). The mini-van ferry us comfortably to the airport for our flight back to Singapore (7 full size luggage on board the Mercedes).

Visited November 2011