“Great beers, great location, great for friends' gatherings”
Review of The BREW

The BREW
Ranked #125 of 17,148 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Century Park
Description: The BREW is an Australian-designed contemporary craft brewery with a vast beverage selection. Sample our six hand-crafted signature beers and one cider created by a resident brew master, along with the innovative pub-style menu. Watch your favourite sports on the television, listen to music or just relax on the outdoor patio with views of Century Park.Brewery tours and tasting classes with the brew master, and tailor-made private labels may be arranged.
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We've been to The Brew twice in the past week. It's right on Kerry Parkside so location is very convenient. Understandably, it can get quite crowded during happy hour - it's a good deal and the beers are great. I've tried their Skinny Green, their Razorback Cider, the IPA and a sip of my husband's Vanilla Stout. All very pleasant surprises - they all have character but are not overwhelming beers. The food is quite tasty - a bit pricey but I guess not unlike US prices. However, portions are big so you can easily split a dish with someone else if you want. The Smaller Bites would be good options for someone watching their portions. I have to agree, the service is pretty good here - even in the midst of the happy hour rush. This is a good place to get some nice beers with friends, and get a good taste of Western and Westernized Chinese food.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Went there a couple of times and I think they have a solid product: Good product, attentive service and good guest relations.

Service is very attentive and there is always a manager on the floor asking about our well being. Also the staff is very attentive when it comes to walk around the table and ask for drinks. Never had to wait to long neither were they bothering you every 2 minutes. Good Timing.
I'd like to mention Alison, one of the managers, who came over and truly took the time to chat with us. Very much appreciated this gesture. You can't find this a lot in China.

Beer is decent. (My favorite: White Ants)
Haven't tried the food yet.

One negative point: The advertisement TV in the back of the band is disturbing and kills the atmosphere.

Well done, The Brew & Co. Management.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

For Shanghai standards, the service is amazing. Alison Yong, a manager, checked in with us twice and really made us feel welcome. That was a first for me on Shanghai. The rest of the service staff was also extremely attentive. I didn't have to raise my hand or yell "fuwuyuan" once. The beer is also very nice (although not quite as good as boxing cat) and the live music was the icing on the cake. The atmosphere was great as well. If this place was closer to my home, I'd be there more often! Pleasant surprise.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Very near the expo centre. This place brews 6 different beers - awesome beer! Had a beef burger - real beef :) Friendly staff. Who need fluent English if they have flowing beer :)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I thought the food was really quite good and catered for children as it really had to being a part of the Kerry Hotel it was not all that cheap but nothing around there is but I was not all that fond of the beer, a bit spoilt I think coming from Aus but overall good, staff friendly nice atmosphere I will
go back