“Family Eatery”

The BREW
Ranked #109 of 16,864 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Century Park
Description: The BREW is an Australian-designed contemporary craft brewery with a vast beverage selection. Sample our six hand-crafted signature beers and one cider created by a resident brew master, along with the innovative pub-style menu. Watch your favourite sports on the television, listen to music or just relax on the outdoor patio with views of Century Park.Brewery tours and tasting classes with the brew master, and tailor-made private labels may be arranged.
Tuncurry, Australia
“Family Eatery”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I thought the food was really quite good and catered for children as it really had to being a part of the Kerry Hotel it was not all that cheap but nothing around there is but I was not all that fond of the beer, a bit spoilt I think coming from Aus but overall good, staff friendly nice atmosphere I will
go back

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Lake Stevens, Washington
“Really great food, really great beer, really great experience”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Ok, so I am a beer guy. When I travel, I hunt down micro, nano and other craft breweries. I went to 3 on this trip (Boxing Cat and The Brew were the best). I have to say, this place is a very upscale brewery . . . probably the most modern upscale breweries I have been to. It was also quite expensive (not just for China but in general). I would still go back. . . every day of the week. The live music was fantastic and the staff was very friendly and helpful, in fact the manager came and sat and talked with me for a while. He even suggested other local breweries in the area.

While frequented by locals, The Brew for sure is more of a place for business travelers and tourists.

To give you an idea, I had a flight of beers, a pint of the seasonal (fantastic by the way), 2 appetizers a really nice insulated to go beer growler full of the seasonal brew . . . the total: 1024 RMB or about $167 US. The growler was really nice, but not THAT nice.

It doesn't matter, the Pita was incredible, the Crispy Dhal was soooooo good, the beer was some of the best I have had in China! I plan to go back every time I am in Shanghai.

• Visited August 2013
Shanghai, China
“The Brew”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were invited to have a snack and a few beers at the Brew at Kerry center in PuDong. It was a bit cold outside, air was thick and it was raining outside, so anything indoors with some heat sounded welcome.
We entered a mall and shortly walked into the Brew which seemed very crowded and busy and then we walked into an out door tent. We were seated at what seemed to be very cheap patio tables with very cheap patio chairs. As everyone looked at menus our host had order drinks for us.
The waiter brought 2 racks of 6 different sample beers each and we were told by our excited host to try them all while we waited for our food orders to arrive.
Even though the tent was lit fairly well, the air inside was so thick with smoke, it was loud and difficult to breath let alone talk.
Out of the six different beers that were offered as samples, I could not pick one that I would ever order and only half of our group could select 1 beer. We had to lean over the table to speak to each other, while shivering to keep warm and by the time the snack orders were delivered (which were also unimpressive) it was time to leave. No one in our group took more than 2 bites of the foods they had ordered.
I really would prefer to stand out in the rain than to ever return to the Brew in PuDong.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Stephen T
California
“Good Food Slow Service”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our group of seven had lunch here recently. The long tables here are perfect for larger parties. The ambience is good. We had our typical Shanghai restaurant experience, which is to say slow, slow service. After a good ten minutes of sitting, we finally asked a waitperson to take our drink order. After our beverages came, it was a good, long time of being ignored again and we had to ask again for someone to take our food order. After the orders were taken, the food came out promptly enough. Overall, everybody that ordered the Asian dishes were very happy with the quality of the food - that would be black pepper beef, a fried rice dish, lamb curry, and Singapore rice vermicelli (although that dish in particular was a little light on the char sui pork and shrimp). Those that ordered the Western style menu offerings were not impressed. A steak sandwich was so-so, the baby spinach salad with chicken was unimpressive and the margherita pizza looked like it came right out of a box. Everything came out at the same time (pretty impressive for Shanghai) with the exception of the pizza that came later. No one asked to refill our drinks. Overall, this was a typical experience. If you are patient and know what to expect, I think you'll like the Asian fare.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank tierradeluz
Taiping, Malaysia
“Friday drinks! Watering Hole!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

A great place for after work drinks and certainly different to the usual hangouts in Shanghai. this place is casual, easy going with prompt service. the food is good esp as you can order in from the many choices next door - not sure if you can pay for the buffet meal (food's the same)

tip: you can acrue golden circle/(shangrila) points here!

my favourite beers - the skinny green and the IPA
favourite food - the "har mee"

• Visited July 2013