“Great room but not location and the service.”

THE ONE Executive Suites managed by Kempinski-Shanghai
Ranked #44 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
“Great room but not location and the service.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights (i'm still here while writing this review).
The first problem is the location,I got my friend who can speak Chinese very well to tell the taxi driver this hotel but he didn't know it.Luckily I have printed out the address and my friend show to the driver but still,he didn't know it.After a while we turn around and finally found this hotel.
We checked in to a nice receptionist with nice English pronounciation and the checked in was very fast.I booked this hotel through agoda and asked for extra bed.And when I got into the room the extra bed was already there,nice.
The room was very great big enough and have a lot compartment and also very clean.The bathroom very big and nice.so everything is good.Then this morning I had a breakfast and very dissapointed.The fried rice is only 1 spoon left,no meat no sausage it is very few foods.But the staff kindly asked if I want some breads or eggs.Maybe because it is a suite?I dont know since it is my first time stayed in suite.
This morning I went for shopping a nanjing road when I got out from the lift the tall chinese staff seems in a hurry and hit my shoulder.I think it is not a good manner while the other staff even the foreign staff is much more gentle.
Overall it is very nice,just need some improvement to be perfect.

• Stayed March 2013
vivian b, Manager at THE ONE Executive Suites managed by Kempinski-Shanghai, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Madam/Sir,

Firstly thank you for taking your time for giving us your feedback on your experiences at our hotel. We are glad, of course that your experience was mostly positive but we are always disappointed when a guest feels that our service has not been up to their expectation.

We are in a short process of hand-over our Lobby Lounge, which may impact the breakfast selections in some points; we always value each guest’s comments as this is one of the ways to help us improve our service, not aimed good, but from good to perfect. We are sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused, and of course we hope to have you back next time and we believe that our selected breakfast will satisfy your stay.

We feel sorry that it took some time to reach us. Normally most of the taxi drivers know our place as we do put a small map on our brochures; we would be more than happy to assist with talking to the taxi driver via a call anytime. Our operator is at your service for 24 hours a day.

We really hope to see you soon and to demonstrate our improvements.

Sincerely yours,

THE TEAM of THE ONE Shanghai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Had a short break in Shanghai to meet up with friends.
Booked two nights in The One Executive Suites run by Kempinsky Hotels. The location on Fengyang road is ideal for Metro (line 2) and West Nanjing Road for high end shopping and entertainment.
The suites are very well equipped and very comfortable. Didn't book the breakfast option, so can't comment on that, but the suites, ranging from studios to 3 bedrooms are well designed and equipped. With city views, a good location and staff who have no trouble speaking English they are ideal for both business and leisure travellers. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I found the perfect Residence in Shanghai after visiting Shanghai about 10 times in last two years.
This residence has the perfect floor map for Business travelers separating living room from bedroom and making it super comfortable to hold small meetings with customers, cook food in the mini pantry, or enjoy super luxurious glass cubicle bathroom over-viewing city high rise.

Pros: The location is excellent has basic amenities nearby, also houses Metro station at 10 minute walk, and food street with all Multi National Brand restaurants (KFC, Mc Donalds, Subway, Pizza Pizza, Starbucks and much more). Also Metro station (West Nanjin [line2] about 7-8 mins walking).
There is the good party zone "MOOK" just 5 minutes walking.
Xintandi is 10 mins by Taxi
East Nanjin Pedestrian Street is 10 mins by Taxi
THE bund is 12-15 minutes by Taxi
The hotel uses state of the art furniture, and a super comfortable sleep is promised after a long day @ work.

Cons:
Being in residence, the breakfast is not that lavish but that is quite an expectation.
The service is slightly slow. I had slight difficulty with Internet connectivity, the connection was slow.

I love to stay with the hotel from every other time. Have stayed in a lot of Hotels, but till date i would rate this the best from my point of business and leisure.

Room Tip: Go for rooms with Glass Shower cubicle overseeing the city, its a fantastic experience. Ask for Int...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank ParitG
Auckland
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Arrived early in the morning, and was able to check into my room immediately, so that was a great start. Excellent, large rooms. Hotel is a bit isolated, about 45 minute walk to the Bund. Doesn't have a bar or anything. Be warned, if you are visiting Shanghai, of the tea ceremony scam (google it). I was cleaned out yesterday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank KiwiTraveller43
USA
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good hotel and overall service. Fairly close to the financial district by Taxi - The residence is not a hotel and although the service, hotel staff and breakfast is good, when you come back from the office you are in a very quiet neighborhood with no restaurants, the residence has no bar so basically there is no much to do. The hotel manager said there will be a bar opening soon... that should help a lot. Also all taxis get LOST to get there... you must ensure you have the address in chinese and a good explanation on nearby reference points (address in chinese IS NOT ENOUGH)

Overall, is good as all kempinski's and service is quite good

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank travelww40
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I chose this place based on TA reviews and it was the best decision ever made!

Check in and check out was quick and easy, and when we got to our room is was amazing! Bed was so soft and comfortable, there was a rain water shower and bath, and our room had beautiful views of the city. Washer & Dryer in the room also a plus as well as the fact they made the room up twice a day. Cannot fault the room at all.

Hotel is in a great location. About a 10 min stroll to People's Square Station and Nanjing West Road, convenience stores about a block away and restaurants (with English menu) about 2 blocks away, which is on the way to W Nanjing road too. Hotel is also next door to a touristy market if you are interesting in bargaining for shoes, bags, electronics etc.

Reception staff were very helpful and assisted us with arranging an acrobatic show, as well as booking taxis throughout our stay. Staff can speak good English which is a plus as well.

Would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place if you wanted luxury but at an affordable price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank elvee208
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed there from Nov 13-15. I have arrived the hotel early & the front desk staff checked me in & upgraded me to the King size suite. The room is huge with all amentities. The bed is so comfortable that I didn't even want to leave my room. All staff were so friendly, helpful & polite. They can all speak fluent English. On the first night at around 11pm, I had problem connecting my laptop to Wi-Fi, the front desk staff was so helpful in assisting me to resolve the problem, even though their IT dept has already closed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple