“GOOD CHOICE, WILL STAY AGAIN!”

THE ONE Executive Suites managed by Kempinski-Shanghai
Ranked #44 of 5,111 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I extended my stay in Shanghai after an official trip and chose the Kempsinki Suites, after having stayed elsewhere. It was Autumn holiday season and mooncake festival was on. Often during my travels I change hotels, so as to get a feeling of the place by living in different areas. The Kempsinki is in a central district and I got a discounted rate.

On arrival, formalities were completed quickly and the lovely girl at reception who was from Kazakhstan, showed me to my room and the use of equipment. There were 2 TV sets in the Comfort Studio apartment, and all you expect in such a place. Internet was free and of a good speed. The architecture of the building is nice and interiors were modern and well planned.
Excellent utilisation of space. While departing, I didn't want to go too early to the airport and Kazmi at reception allowed me to extend without a second thought. I suspect he too is hotel management trained. What I missed was the use of a pool, but the fact was clearly mentioned on the website, so I'll take my swim the next time I stay there. Yes, I was very pleased with the place and politeness of the staff.

One suggestion - take the MAGLEV to and fro the airport if you don't mind speed, but use the regular taxi rank or else you may get ripped off if you're a foreigner (Heard of the term, "I was Shanghaied?")

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank YakobKJ
There are newer reviews for THE ONE Executive Suites managed by Kempinski-Shanghai

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We arrived at about 9am at the hotel and the staff was quick in processing us in. They apologized for not being to upgrade us to the deluxe room because it was too early but the standard room was definitely more than enough for us.

The hotel was a short 5 minutes walk from all the shopping on Nanjing West Road. The location was perfect to us as being near all the buzz yet not too near to be bothered by the buzz.

Room was well equipped with a little kitchenette, living room, spacious bathroom and a nice separate bedroom.

Service staff were very prompt with all requests and very helpful to help in any way they could. Loved that I could even buy SIM card from the concierge if I needed to.

The sign to the hotel is not that obvious so do keep your eyes peeled to find it for the first time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Not really a hotel, this place is like an apartment complex. I took the smallest room available, which was already twice the size of my apartment in Paris! I can't complain about anything. The room was clean, practical, spacious and comfortable. Staff was helpful and friendly. It is very located, close to all the touristy attractions, close to Pudong, but also just a metro station or two from areas that are less touristy but just as interesting.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Staying in this serviced apartment for a week of my business trip in Shanghai. Its closed to People's Square and Nanjing West Road. The room is very clean, friendly staff, comes with a tiny kitchen and kitchen ware even i got no chance to cook myself. The view wasn't that good but its extremely quiet in the room, there were a construction is in progress just beside of the apartment but i couldn't hear any noisy at all even my room is located at 11/F. I would suggest to join their membership club first before you book the room.

Room Tip: join the membership first and you will get a upgrade for free of charge while you check in.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ec-biz-traveller
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed with the family, including our 3.5 year old child. Wow, it was great, absolutely helpful and gorgeous staff taking care of our little one and my wife and me . Honestly, it was a great pleasure. Quality of rooms, especially beds were extraordinary good, we slept like Kings. Value for money is definitely given and I am looking forward to the next time in Shanghai.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank AR169
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The apartment & hotel is great! The rooms are very nice and spacious, plenty of space for private and business trip. Location is awesome – downtown Shanghai and you can do everything in walking distance.
I used to stay at the Pudong side in a residence and I faced the same problem as the last writer but I moved to the Puxi side to this hotel and I’m happy to stay there. Currently in Pudong, due to the construction of the Shanghai Building, which will be the highest building in Shanghai, the construction noise here in Puxi is nothing compares to Pudong and if you close the window you hear actually nothing. Shanghai is since years a construction-city.
As I’m a frequent traveler, most on business and being 2 or 3 weeks each month in Shanghai I highly recommend this place in Puxi – downtown Shanghai. Great location, great people, nice service and the rooms are spacious and clean, good for long-term and short stay. The German Bakery is good, just need to change their breakfast from time to time and the staff is friendly and really helpful. Also they have a really good GYM.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank burgundy242
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The location is terrific, around the corner of Nanjing road, 10 minutes walk from People's Square. The hotel openend last December, and they're still working for opening all floors. All around in the area a lot of dust because of the building sites. The lobby is nice but with a few seats.
Rooms are huge,with refrigirator and kitchen but no minibar. If you get an upgrade, the room has a big livingroom, a closet and both marble shower and bath. Wood floor and no moquette!wifi everywhere,but not so speedy in the lobby.
The fitness centre has Technogym equipment, the swimmingpool already looks for a restoration of the ceiling.
Breakfast is at a German bar,with little buffet but good quality and top service. The manager is a Canadian:kind,friendly and flexible!
There is a Chinese restaurant but only with private rooms,but in the area there is a huge selection of restaurants.
The staff is friendly but not so good in English,especially in using the map for advice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ilaria f
Travelers also viewed these Shanghai hotels
Cachet Boutique Shanghai
The Bund
Les Suites Orient, Bund Shanghai
People’s Square
Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre

Been to THE ONE Executive Suites managed by Kempinski-Shanghai? Share your experiences!