“Lively Thai I great location”

Simply Thai (Guo Jin Center)
Ranked #313 of 16,906 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Lujiazui
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Lively Thai I great location”
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Dinner with several colleagues. The restaurant has a great location in the IFC mall with very good views of the city.

The food was fresh and tasty Thai with a distinct Chinese flavour. All the dishes came quickly and were well presented.

Food, service, wine, ambience all fine. But, and here is my problem, everything is fine but nothing really stood out. I'd be happy enough to eat here again but there are plenty of alternatives in the IFC mall that I would also try.

My only small complaint would be that there were seven us and we were on a table for six with an extra place set on the end. As it was busy they couldn't offer us a better option.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai
“Average Thai Food”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I found the food at Simply Thai to be simply Okay. Not great and not bad. Just basic Thai food. Maybe I was expecting too much?

Visited July 2012
“Really Good Thai in the IFC Mall”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Quick summary: really good Thai food in the IFC Mall, Pudong side of Shanghai.

After long business days, we wanted a good dinner but not too far from the hotel in Pudong. The nearby IFC Mall has lots of options, but we strongly recommend the Simply Thai restaurant. Very reasonable prices. The food is fresh and tasty. Moderate prices. One member of our party who eats Thai a lot in the U.S. claimed it was her favorite Thai restaurant anywhere.

Nice ambiance, and like many restaurants in Shanghai, a lively atmosphere.

There are a few of these around Shanghai. I think there might be a branch in LA.

• Visited December 2011