“Korma is good, service not bad”
Review of Lotus Land

Lotus Land
Ranked #151 of 17,012 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Former French Concession
Shanghai, China
“Korma is good, service not bad”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been to Lotus a couple times and really enjoyed their Lamb korma.

I also like the naan bread and vegetable samosas.

I think they should add more spices to their onion bhajis as they lack flavor and too oily, could drain the oil off.

I great to sit on the sofa beds and enjoy dinner on the low tables.

Good for dates and meeting with friends.

Service could be a bit better.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangalore
“Excellent food - equally good location”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

While traversing in the crooked lanes of Tanzifeng (in Taikang Road) - we were very pleasantly surprised by the existence of an Indian restaurant nestled in this already crowded area. Upon climbing the steps to the restaurant, we received a warm welcome from the staff and were seated with respect. Some of the staff were indians and they smiled at us acknowledging the reception.

Menu ordering was a breeze and the best part was the lead time it took to get all the food, in an orderly fashion of a typical indian style eating.. all the food items were hot and just excellent in taste. Couldn't leave out anything and we had a sumptuous meal.. we had vegetable biryani, few naan items and veg kadai - just superb taste.

I will strongly recommend this restaurant to everyone and will go there again. One of the very few authentic Indian restaurants in Shanghai.

Little pricey though..

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ramsdesk
Copenhagen, Denmark
“I keep coming back”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Considered it's located in tourist trap Tianzifang with big variety in quality of restaurants, this is one of my favourites. Has been here many times as the food is always good and holds a good, stable level. The interior is good, cozy Tianzifang-style and the service is good and English-speaking (if you need it). Prices are fair compared to the location. Very good for a date or bringing visitors to shanghai! I'll definitely keep coming back!

Shanghai, China
“Below average restaurant and very expensive”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Hi....I went to this restaurant alone today,the indian male staff try to be over friendly with you if you are women.I ordered indian masala tea which was pathetic and manchurian which was sweet in taste in reality manchurian is bit spicy in taste I also order 1 lachha prantha which were very thick n heavy I told this to owner in reply he said me that your body also look very heavy ...I find this very rude...I packed my food and went off,for this I have to pay 100rmb which was not worth it and being an indian women this was not accepted from Indian men

Visited December 2013
“Real Authentic Indian Food”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

After 2 days of finding a real authentic food restaurant i came across Lotus Land, Its really true indian taste. I loved their Butter Naan, Mutton Sheekh Kabab, Boneless Chicken Tikka and Daal Makhani. Everything was served pretty quick and the owner was really good. Owner's name is Jackie and this person has got a great humor. He knows how to take care of his customers. I would really recommend Lotus Land to any indian food lover.

• Visited November 2013