“Tasty food”

Neighborhood: Former French Concession
Lodz, Poland
“Tasty food”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nice place in the trendy part of Shanghai. Tasty food, pretty good choice of Indian dishes, including Naan bread and beers from India and other Asian countries. Prices reasonable, but not cheap.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai, China
“Second Best”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is my second time to dine in an Indian Restaurant. My first was a buffet-style a few months back and I did not really enjoy it. The apartment my boyfriend and I booked was closed to this old Tianzifang road and I thought this is a good idea to show my bf one of the old and still existing establishments in Shanghai. Tourist flocks around this small roads and alleys with small shops, bars and restaurants, and here we found this small restaurant tucked in an old building.I wasn't really sure if I wanted to try Indian food again and let my bf choose the dishes for me..Well it was quite a change for all I knew I loved the taste and almost finished everything! A bit pricey but I cannot argue for more..We are nicely attended to,given the right recommendations on food and in the end everything was a such a nice experience, I would love to come back next time and be more adventurous and try other dishes on the menu..And the beer was served really cold..lovely!

• Visited September 2013
England
“Service ruins it”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Tasty food and nice decor, but pretty incompetent service - we had to wait forever for our drinks and naan bread. Doesn't justify price.

• Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Nice Surprise in Tian Zi Fang”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I gave this an "Average" rating because this rest. is what I consider average for an Indian restaurant.

Pros:
Seating is upstairs and away from street-level chit-chat unless seated outside
Service was great and the server was attentive and friendly
Portions are def. for couples or more
Atmosphere is nice and cozy
Assortment from which to choose
Flavors are wonderful and just enough "kick" to crave more

Cons:
None I can think of

Question to ponder:
Why are Indian restaurant menu prices so high relative to the food costs? For ex. I made saag paneer and the food costs were about $9 (U.S.) and it fed four adults with leftovers. I ate at Ethiopian rest. in Stockholm and Phoenix AZ and spent prob 1/2 the amount compared to Indian restaurants with more flavor.
Just a thought.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Authentic taste and lots of choice”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Brilliant staff, great food, lovely location. We were served cold water, free of charge. The staff are very friendly and attentive. There is a good variety on the menu from genuine indian recipes.

• Visited June 2013