“Excellent and very well located”
Review of La Finca

La Finca
Ranked #1,584 of 17,327 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Former French Concession
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is perfect after having a walk around Xintiandi. It's located in an old building,it's charming and looks very cool. Downstairs there's a typical Chinese restaurant that I've heard it's very good but I haven't tried it yet and upstairs you can find the Spanish restaurant. I went last Sunday with a couple of friends and it was really good. We had the brunch where you can share a lot of different tapas and order as much as you want. It costs around 150rmb but it's worth it! I've been a couple of times to Spain and for me it tasted very Spanish!Service was pretty good, and some of the staff are Spanish, what makes the experience even better. It wasn't very busy though, but I will definitely go again!

2  Thank Charlotte W

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've read about this restaurant on some websites and I was curious to try some Spanish food in Shanghai after reading positive comments about this place (and of course negative ones that you find everywhere). It's true that I'm not Spanish, but I've been to Spain twice, to Sevilla and Valencia, and I can say that from what I ate I had delicious typical Spanish food! I went there for their brunch with two friends and as soon as we arrived, we loved the place: really well-designed, well-decorated and cozy. At the restaurant we found out that we could order all the dishes from their brunch list without limit! So good! In three we basically tried all the menu! What I liked the most where their shrimps in olive oil and their black paella! All the dishes were simple but so tasty! And you definitely can feel they use high quality, fresh raw products. Personally I loved the brunch: big variety, high standards, low price. Try it out and you won't regret!

1  Thank cri83sm
Reviewed April 7, 2013

After some comments from people telling that La Finca was a very good place to taste Spanish food, I decided to have a go and try with some friends, by the way I'm Spanish.
The place is nice, we were seated in a private room that we fine perfect as we were 10, they even close the curtains for more privacy even if the restaurant was almost empty at 8.00pm on a Friday night!!!
At 8.00pm they called us (we were 5 mn late) asking if we were still coming, so we thought that the restaurant might be crowded, we arrived at 8.05 and only 2 or 3 tables with people.
The service was poor, we had 2 waiters and none were able to speak a good English, they didn't understand part of our orders, brought some salad never ordered... we left at 11.00pm or so and we were the last customers.
We all ordered the Seafood paella, and I think that's the worst paella I've tried in Shanghai, the rice was overcooked, didn't taste of seafood at all, because not cooked at the same time, and that's the key to a good seafood paella.
On a more positive note the tapas were all good as well as the sangria.
I won't recommend this restaurant if you're looking for authentic Spanish food, unless you only eat on tapas.

1  Thank XOXO2
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Heard that La Finca has Sat/Sun brunch from 11am to 3pm for Rmb 158, I decided to give it a try. My friend and I went there around noon, the place was quite empty (which is exactly what we wanted, not crowded). The food is okay but not great and don't think that the food can be categorized as authentic Spanish cooking neither. My recommendations are the gazpacho Andalucia, mushroom croquetas and penne bolognaise. Don't put your hope too high on the ham croquetas and shrimp croquetas. Suggest to completely avoid the grilled mutton, the meat is tasteless and hard to chew. Jamon with melon is okay. The seafood paella tastes okay but a bit like the Italian risorto.

Conclusion: For Rmb 158, it is still good to visit the place with family and friends and enjoy a meal inside an old building next to the lake around Xintiandi.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Owner Maria spent 30 years soaking up the flavors and culture of Spain, then returned to Shanghai to offer up her findings! Tapas and sangria~ and a great atmosphere. Garlic shrimp, a great spinach and mango salad, great croquetas, friendly and Spanish speaking manager Rodrigo make this a great place to go with friends or even on a special date.

1  Thank GyPsYs0uL