“Great hotel close to restaurants in Xintiandi shanghai” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andaz Xintiandi Shanghai

Andaz Xintiandi Shanghai
Ranked #23 of 4,966 Hotels in Shanghai
Brussels, Belgium
“Great hotel close to restaurants in Xintiandi shanghai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

First visit to Andaz, although i have stayed at Langham previously.
Managed to get a great rate at Andaz around 120-140 euros per night inc breakfast.
A really great hotel to stay whether business or leisure. If travelling alone its so close to restaurants that you dont need to stay in the hotel to eat, which is a plus. The staff are friendly and helpful and the facilities are good. The breakfast room can very busy at times but the lounge area is available to have breakfast in which is a good alternative for more informal setting.
I would definitely stay here again, whether on business or pleasure. If you are female travelling alone ( i wasnt this time, but have to do on regular basis) i would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful quirky hotel with wonderful decor! Was upgraded to Andaz large corner room! Wonderful aspect with floor to ceiling windows on two sides! Bathroom huge! Love the different colour lighting you can choose! Very relaxing place and great service! Would definitely stay again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
NNJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Through Hyatt’s website, we found the Andaz (we never heard it or noticed it when visiting XTD area a few times before, and decided to give a try due to its location and a Hyatt brand). It was a very good pick. The location is perfect: near XTD, almost on Huihai Road (a premier street for shopping and dining), and one small block away from a subway station. Every room on higher floors should provide a good view of down town of Shanghai. Our room was facing east with a view of Pudong’s high-rises. Unfortunately, for those days we stayed, Shanghai had the worst period of smog and we didn’t realize the new WFC building was in view for the first few days! The room size is decent, comparable to other Hyatt properties in Shanghai. Its noise insulation was very good. One thing we particularly like is the rain shower head, which is very powerful (caution: don’t spend too much time under it; otherwise you would need a nap to recover). We know Toto’s washlet models well and the one in our room is one of the high end models. The color change of the lights in bedroom and bath room was cute. The wifi was very reliable with decent speed. Also, their free soft drink offer is very nice and unique among 5-star hotels or any other hotels we have stayed: the soft drinks are free not only in room, but also in the lobby area (the coffee and mini pastries were surprisingly good). It has a good pool, but its spa capacity was limited and it’s closed earlier (we failed to book an appointment for a later night service). The service was also very good, except attentiveness of the staff at the check-in stands (I mentioned it in the after-stay survey and got a prompt reply from a manager, which shows that the management is serious about customer service). We did try the restaurant twice (a dinner and a Sunday brunch). The dinner food was very good and the brunch was just OK. As expected, the food was on the pricy side. Overall, we had an excellent stay and have put it on our hotel choice list for our future visit (we visit Shanghai almost every year and have tried different hotels).

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors office better view with no street noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

One of the best Hotel I ever been . This is the only Hotel when I arrived at the end of te day I had a sensation as arrived at Home . They Hotel is modern , the atmosphere fantastic, the staff quality and kidness are at a high level. Upon your arrival , during the check in you start to understand that you will have a fantastic experience . The best steak tartare I ever eat was in Andaz Shanghai . Unfortunately no more at menu, but the chef ( under request ) prepare . They do everything to fullfill the client requirements . You have everything you desire with simplicity . A fantastic Spa also. For me the best hotel experience ever and this is the 2nd time. Thanks and congratulations , go ahed because I want to have more experiences .

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Amelia Island, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I visit Shanghai at least twice each year for business. This was my first stay at the Andaz Shanghai but it won't be my last. This was probably the finest hotel I have ever stayed in for this type of room rate. The rooms are immaculate and the lighting is fun. The shower was incredible with the rain shower head and the impressive granite walls. The Toto Washlet toilets was a pleasant luxury. I would say this bathroom was as nice as any in any hotel at any price that I have ever stayed. The bed was comfortable, the closet roomy and the complimentary sodas in the mini fridge were a nice touch. I always appreciate when the wifi is complimentary! The location is fantastic with Xintiandi directly across the street and most other Shanghai attractions a short taxi ride away. I have stayed on the Bund many times and while those hotels have a great view, the location is otherwise not so great. The Andaz location is preferrable to me and I will choose this hotel on my next trip for sure. The only thing about this stay that doesn't get 5 stars was breakfast. There are no eggs in the buffet and the egg/omelette station moves too slow. But, the fresh squeezed orange juice is the best I have had in China.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in, super sized rooms specially their bathrooms are wooooooow. do not miss a dip in their swimming pool as it is the best made of see through acrylic or glass the whole experience is a memorable one. the service is great being a vegetarian there were very limited choice for vegetarian food at their buffets but the restaurant staff was always very forthcoming in making special dishes for me which was really touching.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 rooms for 3 nights in November 2013(8th - 11th)
Overall the service is fine except on the 3rd day I return from the town around 4 : 30pm and my room is still not start to be cleaned. Finally it is finished around 5 :30 pm. So I hv to stay in my mom's room and wait .therefore,both of my mom and me could not take rest even we plan to take some rest before we go out again
My son, one of our room check out one day earlier than the other 2 rooms. My son talked to one of the receptionist that he will leave his key for us ( as we fully paid for 3 rms for 3 nights) however, when we go back to the hotel no one knows about this and ask us to call my son . He did not turn on the phone
and is on the way to the airport. My daughter tried hard to send him a message then got his reply and show it to the hotel staff. Finally it takes very long time to reissue a key to us.
On the day we left, we have checked out our 2 rooms first and keep one room until 2 pm as agreed . We have order some crabs from a shop and the guy will deliver the crab to our rm at 1 pm. When we made the order we dont know which rm we will keep therefore we ask the guy to quote one of our rm no. then we told the receptionist that if someone look for us by quoting one of our rm no.
he should tell him the rm no. which we keep so he could
reach us. We wait in our room until 1 45 pm and call the guy. In fact he arrived the hotel at 1 pm and quoted our rm no. And was told that we hv checked out our rooms already so the guy is planning to leave the hotel after waiting for 45 mins . Only luckily we could reach him by phone after waiting for 45 mins for both parties.
I think this is very important for a prestige hotel like Andaz to hv a reliable system to keep client's message and beware of this.
Hope the hotel management could look into the above matters and have some way to improve.
The hotel is nice and the staff overall is good
However , the above incidents are really annoying
I also prepaid for 2 nights in Dec before I make the trip in Nov