Andaz Xintiandi Shanghai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi(Shanghai)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,130 results
All reviewsmood lightingfree happy hourcool hotelfront office managerhigh techmodern designdiamond memberrestaurants and shoppingpark hyattfloor to ceiling windowsmini barreception areabusiness triplocation is greatbreakfast spreadexcellent hotelrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I enjoyed staying at the Andaz in Shanghai. It's short walking distance to the bars and restaurants in Xintiandi. Excellent staff, Great rooms, Decor is very hip, Love the lighting control in room and bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Everything is nice and clean. It's a good stay and the service makes me feel comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Yenn_Yenn
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We really were blown away by the staff of this hotel. Across the board, from the bell staff to the front desk to the lounge to the spa to housekeeping, everyone seemed genuinely concerned that my partner and I had an epic vacation. Whether it was ice for the room or a taxi to a restaurant or a late checkout, requests were granted quickly and efficiently.

We especially appreciated the little complimentary touches throughout the hotel. Non-alcoholic drinks in the room minibar are free, there's an espresso machine in the lobby that's available to guests throughout the day, and there's a happy hour with complimentary wine from 5-7pm daily. Each day, we'd return from our day of sightseeing to relax in the lounge to plan out our evening with a glass (or three) of wine. Upon checkout, the staff gave us some postcards and luggage tags as departure gifts.

The property itself is gorgeous, with trendy, modern decor. Rooms are sleek yet functional (we also experienced some difficulty with lighting before figuring out that most room controls are contained within the nightstand drawer). The hotel is in an excellent location on the eastern edge of the French Concession, adjacent to Xintiandi and the Huangpi South subway station. We didn't dine at the hotel at all. There are decent restaurants at Xintiandi, or even better ones 1-2 subway stops from the hotel. in the heart of the French Concession or at the Bund.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high-floor on the side that overlooks the skyscrapers of Pudong.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Modern chic hotel which follows similar style as the opposite house hotel in Beijing/HK.
The room is functional and nice so
apart from the light setting (which is bewildering as it is either too bright or too dim), there isn't much to complain.
My key concern here is the food which oh boy, where do I start. I had the fortune to spend most of my meals in the hotel and they come up with some of the worst food I have come across...
Starting with breakfast, I tried the classic Chinese congee (lean pork with age old egg). At least it's meant to be lean pork which they have replaced with fat which I considered an affront to the cuisine.
Next are 3 days worth of lunch buffet. They rather strangely mixed western and eastern cuisine together. So next to kungpo chicken, you would have a plate of baked potato which is a rather odd arrangement.
Most dish are completely tasteless as the sense that the chef may have left the seasoning at home. This include the Kungpo chicken incidentally which is supposed to be famed for its strong and spicy flavouring - well, not here!
I can appreciate Andaz's attempt to do fusion food but in my opinion, they are neither here nor there and the result is a plain disaster.
For dinner I am able to escape so did not have the opportunity to sample. But after the above, I would say that's a lucky escape.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank wkl200
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a really nice hotel near Xintiandi outdoor mall. The Andaz service standards are very high. The shower had great water pressure, and as a Diamond member, breakfast is free and you may be upgraded to a very nice extra large room. The bed was incredibly comfortable and I slept very soundly. But I believe there are no bad rooms here. The decor is very modern, and the host staff are incredibly friendly -- a little more informal than Park Hyatts, but still excellent. The indoor swimming pool is truly a sight to behold.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family