“mmh so so ....”

Ranked #268 of 17,139 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Former French Concession
Description: California-casual, neighborhood friendly restaurant, creative sauces, quality ingredients
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Not really impressed about food my expectation is very high after read so well article about this place,food menu is short and specially dessert menu ,i really feel not so great on my dishes but i will try again and i will keep you update ...service is ok !

Reviewed October 30, 2012

There are some people who were not happy with the food or atmosphere at Goga - I am not one of them. The food was absolutely amazing. The Tuna is fantastic and the chop salad is perfect for sharing at the table. I have been here numerous times - the menu does not change, which I love so I can still get my favorite -and each time the daily specials have been spectacular. Hats off to Brad, the head chef, for securing the quality ingredients needed to make this place fantastic each and every time.

As for the atmosphere - yes, it is quaint, but who cares. I don't need a lot of frills, etc when the food is so great.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The food is like tapas but with american flavours. You order 4-5 dishes and share among your friends, it's insanely good. Be sure to try the mac and cheese as well as the lobster rolls. I will probably be going here a minimum of once a months for the coming two years, it's that good!

1  Thank Nils S
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I should have read Nippon4's review before I took my wife for dinner at GOGA in Shanghai.
As a San Franciscan, I want to make it clear that this is not at all a representation of what our food looks like or how it tastes! I don't care how many pictures of San Francisco you have on the wall; Goga, you missed the mark. Don't waste your time or money!

1  Thank SFO2SHA
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I must say that I was not impressed by the food. It was ok. Prices are not cheap. We were sitting at the bar and can see the chef and team working on the food. Because a lot of grilling was done, the place got a little smokey and air circulation was not great. We were lucky to get a seat without a reservation which is normally very full as I heard. Service staff was helpful and trying to manage the guests, the tightness of the space, the serving of the food etc. I really will not pay the money to eat there where you are elbow to elbow with your neighbours and smelling smoky after dinner.