“A Shoppers Paradise”

55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“A Shoppers Paradise”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you like shopping this is your place. They literally have everything here from international brands to authentic Chinese merchandise. This is a must stop if in Shanghai and you like shopping. Just across the street from the Pear Tower attraction.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Travel4FunCDN

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
singapore
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Haven for international brands”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

It's not surprising that Super Brand Mall is popular with locals, since it brings global brands to their doorstep. For tourists, though, it is probably a waste of time. It has little that you can't find anywhere else, and the prices aren't necessarily cheaper.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank AirconditionedNation
Sydney
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Okay”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was in Shanghai when my suitcase decided to go on strike and not wanting to work with me anymore. After calling the local distributor of this world wide brand he came and inspected the damage and concluded the suitcase cannot be fixed and because the damage is caused by the airline they are not going to honor the waranty and that if I want to carry my things home I have to buy a new suitcase. I only had 1 day to 'shop' so I was advised to go to the Super Brand Mall in Pudong. The mall was nice - a bit crowded on saturday but nothing major- but seriously overpriced with very small range! I was shocked to find that none of the ladieswear shops had a simple T-shirt on sale - all I wanted is a gym T-shirt and there were none. OK it is November but still.why would one wear long sleeve Tshirt to gym - I was not in Dubai, was I? After a bit of searching I found the suitcase store and was shocked....A decent suitcase 2000RMB - 300AUD...WHAT??? then suddenly there was 20% discount but still - at least twice as expensive as anywhere else in the world. A long sleeve top from Next was on sale for 799RMB - 120AUD...WHAT???? Range of sizes is also very very narrow -size 12 is already PLUS size...since when???? After hunting for 2.5hrs I found a Chinese supermarket downstairs who had a suitcase at the basement price of 700RMB which is still 100AUD but when one needs a suitcase then one needs a suitcase...
I shopped here because of necessity - given this is the best stocked Western mall in whole of Shanghai I realized Shanghai is not going to be my shopping destination.

Visited November 2012
Shanghai, China
139 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“So many shops . . .”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's another mega mall in Shanghai. Very clean and miles and miles of shops. Good choice of places to eat. Some great international shops and brands, brands, brands . . .

Visited November 2012
4 Thank John T
Shanghai
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Everything and everywhere on Sales”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

It was fun yesterday walking alone at the Super Brand Mall, Shanghai. Has been a long time since I was there and as usual it was packed with people but the final sales reduction pull me in like a magnet. Did some damage on my credit card but I bought so many shirts for me and little dresses for my little two grand niece. And the food, so many to choose for local cuisines to western food and a supermarket just at the basement.

Go there this weekend if you have time and shop till you drop...

Visited August 2012