“Something new and very good”
Review of Xibo

Xibo
Ranked #47 of 17,044 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Xinjiang
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Former French Concession
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Being from New York, we have the opportunity to eat out a lot at a restaurants serving a range of different cuisines. So we do not often encounter something completely new and different. Xibo was just that. Uyghur cuisine is not something to which we had had any previous exposure. The food was delicious and different with a range of different ingredients and tastes. My family of 5 shared six dishes and two deserts. All were great. The service was very good and a few of the servers spoke passable English. We highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Michael S
There are newer reviews for Xibo

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Overall it's a nice location offering delicious food. BUT we were there on 22.11.13 with four people. Every dish we sheared but the dessert. Only two of us shared the chocolate cake with a small scoop of vanilla icecream. The two having eaten the dessert got horribly sick the next day, bad stomach, vomiting etc. The two not having eaten the dessert did not suffer.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nice, relaxed and personal decor, just my kind of place. Went here for lunch. I think lunch set menu is quite good value. Two of us ordered three lunch set menu and shared. We had quite a lot of food but we chatted and ate, had good time. Monday lunch time wasn't crowded Lamb skewer was good and so was chicken plate. Dessert was a small western cake and mismatched to the muslim Chinese food but something small and sweet at the end of a nice lunch was nice all the same. I will come back if I visit Shanghai again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The restaurant has a lovely decor with beautiful wooden furniture, cozy light setting, panoramic view over the french concession and a real nice terrace. Be sure to reserve a table as this place is almost always full.
Service is great, helpful and friendly staff.

The Muslim and minority Chinese food is delicious.spicy and not so oily,with a lot of BBQ meats.
The cucumber spicy salad, the pumpkin steamed dumplings and the Uygur bread are my must order every time. Petty much everything on the menu is good.
Highly recommend their cocktails, great value, good taste and they are large.
The desserts are the best in shanghai, in my opinion.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This place is great! A really nice and relaxed restaurant with cool decor, lighting and perfect for small groups.

I've had Uyghur before, and felt this was more of a fusion, but a very unique and delicious cuisine all the same. I'm no Chinese food expert, like most westerners, so it appeals to the masses.

The menu is simple with accurate pictures (but not akin to the sticky, laminated menus that you find in local dives). Food comes out really quick too.

5 of us ate, drank and had dessert for around 200RMB a head; we thought it was very reasonable for the quality. It was very busy on a Thursday but we booked ahead.

Best thing is that they are on Sherpas! So next time the weather is frightful, I can have this delicious, trustworthy Chinese delivered.