“Flexible and Personable guides”

Shanghai Super Tours
Ranked #70 of 173 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: Customize your own private tour of Shanghai! We provide flexible and personal tours for groups of 2 - 10 people. Bi-lingual expat guides, a delicious lunch AND a private vehicle with driver are included on ALL tours. Explore the best sights, eat at delicious restaurants, and shop till you drop with the most entertaining and knowledgeable guides in the city. With 7 years experience living in Shanghai, we remove the stress and add the fun to what will be a fantastic day out with your group. Night tours also available on request. Email us to find out more!
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Booked a last minute tour with the chaps on Sunday. My wife and I had already spent a day in Shanghai but were keen to see one of the traditional water villages just outside the cities limits.

The 'SuperTour' company sorted everything for us including return train tickets to Suzhou. The two lads were very personable and were flexible enough to move things around when we got a little tired on our feet.

I'm really grateful for having found them - without them our China experience wouldn't have been the same.

Date of experience: February 2012

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I went to Shanghai in March with my boyfriend. We decided to book Shanghai Super Tours to help us balance our time as we hadn't done that much research. I wanted to bargain shop whereas my boyfriend wanted to see the 'real' Shanghai. We ended up going for the Super Custom Tour. I cannot recommend Nick and Brandon more, we laughed from the word Go throughout visiting the Bund, the Peoples Square, the flower market, the art street and lots of markets. There were even some extra perks we hadn't planned; getting the BEST foot massage (you MUST get one!), and going to a Karaoke bar - you must experience this to understand how hilarious it is!

I cannot recommend getting this tour more, we covered everything that we had hoped to plus got to experience aspects of Shanghai I didn't even know existed.

PS the bags, watches, DVD's and shoes I left with will keep me going for years! :)

Date of experience: March 2012
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We were 2 couples all traveling together from Turkey. Didn't want to shop too much so we chose to focus only on sightseeing. We were taken to lots of really amazing places and we took some perfect pictures including the Bund, many skyscrapers and also a mixture of old architecture. Food was also very good - we liked the Chinese food we tried in the afternoon and at night the guides also told us about a small Turkish restaurant in the downtown area so we also went to there and the food was very authentic. Guides were professional and spoke Chinese so it was good for us and made things very easy as we only had a short amount of time in Shanghai. I would recommend this tour to anyone that prefers a small group and also flexibility in what you want to see and do. The guides put a lot of effort and planning into making this tour for us and it made it our favorite day in Shanghai.

Date of experience: March 2012
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I recently traveled to Shanghai with my husband, to visit a dear friend of mine. Unfortunately she and her husband were too busy during the week with work and so for the first few days weren't able to take us around. We felt that hiring a guide would be a good alternative to get out and about. I compared different tours and settled on Shanghai Super Tours as one of the guides, Nick, gave me a great consultation over the phone. My husband was somewhat apprehensive about the price initially but he liked the name! So we decided to book a full day tour.

We were picked up at our hotel and were greeted in the lobby by both Brandon and Nick. I wondered if 2 guides were really necessary, but it actually made the tour for us. They presented us with a gift bag full of goodies and made us feel welcomed! They broke the ice by introducing us to the other 2 guests on the tour and to the driver, a chinese man called Mr. B. I felt at ease and was happy that the group size was small, as previous city tours we had joined in other places were often with a bus load of other people. This was much more leisurely.

First we went to a souvenir market on Nanjing Road. Along the way there, our guides gave us a crash course on how to haggle. It was a lot to take in but they made everyone feel comfortable by letting us know that they would be there to step in if needed. As we went through the market (which was much bigger than I expected), I spotted a few t-shirts and decided to put my new haggling skills to the test. The shop keeper was a bit aggressive and in fact made me quite nervous. Thankfully, Brandon and Nick were standing behind the shop keeper and motioned with their hands to not accept the offer. The price kept dropping and dropping! I managed to get the t-shirts for about 30% of the original offer. Shopping in China was truly a unique experience and we had a really nice day.

Next we went to lunch at a spicy Sichuan restaurant and our guides explained several of the dishes as well as the background to the Sichuan region. Not only was the food fantastic, the conversation was great! Our guides really opened up about their experiences living in China. They shared a few interesting stories and kept the table laughing the whole time. We got a bit carried away with the table talk and we ended up running late to the next part of the tour. It wasn't a problem though, as the tours were flexible. Instead of going to the fabric market, the guides suggested we go to an antique street which was closer. My husband ended up buying a lucky cat statue for our niece. Again, our guides were behind the shop keeper giving my husband instructions. Too funny!

Overall, the shopping tour was fantastic. From the start, the guides were warm and were full of energy. Everyone had a lot of fun together. If I ever return to Shanghai, I'd consider booking with them again.

Date of experience: December 2011
4  Thank Megan R
See more reviews
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We'd been to Shanghai before but always felt a little out of place exploring on our own. I decided to look into some options and after doing my online research contacted several tour operators. Shanghai Supertours impressed me with their email responses and the way they presented themselves on the website really made an impact.

I've used tour companies before but nothing like this. When they said it was personal I had no idea just how involved Brandon and Nick would be. This was literally customised to our every whim. I emailed the guys backwards and forwards a few times prior to travelling and sorted out a loose itinerary. They guys stressed though that this was completely flexible.

We did a day tour, started off in Tai Kan Lu (street), an amazing arty shopping area which we'd never had found. Then we hit one of the 'souvenir' markets. This was awesome, Brandon and Nick were totally at home here and it made the whole haggling thing so much easier. I literally don't know what I'd have done without them. They guys then took us down Nanjing road towards the Bund, all the way keeping us informed and entertained.

The car service along with our personal guides made us feel like royalty, we had an amazing lunch at a small lane restaurant we'd never dared try, and felt like we were leaving old friends at the end of the day. I'd use them next time, and explore even more of the city.

Date of experience: January 2012