Shanghai Super Tours

Truly Super!

Reviewed February 6, 2013
cnou
Larissa, Greece

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Although I have been visiting Shanghai for few times, it was the first time to actually enjoy it so much. The team has been so cooperative, helpful and amazing.
The tour has been done over three days for a group of 10 people. It had a variety of sights and activities to do, and the choice of restaurants was amazing. It was great days with great people.

I highly recommend them and I advice you not to hesitate any minute.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Dear Brandon and Nick - what a fab tour my colleague and I had with you last year. It is a long time ago but I have just got round to catching up on my admin... Anyway - we had a great day, tasting tea, eating proper Chinese food, roaming the artists streets and visiting temples and parks. I really cannot recommend you guys enough. We had only one day free after we had finished the business that had taken us to Shanghai and I know that we would not have got such a distinct flavour of the city without you. Thoroughly enjoyed all the insider tips and tricks and thanks for the help in negotiating for the pressies for my kids.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I've just returned from Shanghai and my first trip outside of Europe. I wanted to organize a tour because I don't speak any Chinese and had no idea how to navigate the city. Without Nick and Brandon from Shanghai Super Tours I don't think my experience would have been the same. I'm a New Yorker living in London so I'm used to big city life, but Shanghai is so different and in hindsight I found the tour was an essential part of my trip. I'm in fashion PR and had read on the Time Out Shanghai website about several boutiques I wanted to visit - Super tours were excellent and made up our schedule in advance based around those stores while also adding sightseeing places along the way. My favorite was probably Nanchang Road, it was full of cute little local boutiques and I met some wonderful and friendly designers from Shanghai, Korea and Japan. I was even photographed for a Korean fashion blog! The fake market was also great and the boys helped me haggle for some great bargains! As we got our own car with the tour I could leave my shopping bags and browse freely at each stop which was so relaxing. If you do this tour Nick and Brandon also gave great advice on where else to go

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Booked a last minute tour with the chaps on Sunday. My wife and I had already spent a day in Shanghai but were keen to see one of the traditional water villages just outside the cities limits.

The 'SuperTour' company sorted everything for us including return train tickets to Suzhou. The two lads were very personable and were flexible enough to move things around when we got a little tired on our feet.

I'm really grateful for having found them - without them our China experience wouldn't have been the same.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I went to Shanghai in March with my boyfriend. We decided to book Shanghai Super Tours to help us balance our time as we hadn't done that much research. I wanted to bargain shop whereas my boyfriend wanted to see the 'real' Shanghai. We ended up going for the Super Custom Tour. I cannot recommend Nick and Brandon more, we laughed from the word Go throughout visiting the Bund, the Peoples Square, the flower market, the art street and lots of markets. There were even some extra perks we hadn't planned; getting the BEST foot massage (you MUST get one!), and going to a Karaoke bar - you must experience this to understand how hilarious it is!

I cannot recommend getting this tour more, we covered everything that we had hoped to plus got to experience aspects of Shanghai I didn't even know existed.

PS the bags, watches, DVD's and shoes I left with will keep me going for years! :)

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We were 2 couples all traveling together from Turkey. Didn't want to shop too much so we chose to focus only on sightseeing. We were taken to lots of really amazing places and we took some perfect pictures including the Bund, many skyscrapers and also a mixture of old architecture. Food was also very good - we liked the Chinese food we tried in the afternoon and at night the guides also told us about a small Turkish restaurant in the downtown area so we also went to there and the food was very authentic. Guides were professional and spoke Chinese so it was good for us and made things very easy as we only had a short amount of time in Shanghai. I would recommend this tour to anyone that prefers a small group and also flexibility in what you want to see and do. The guides put a lot of effort and planning into making this tour for us and it made it our favorite day in Shanghai.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I recently traveled to Shanghai with my husband, to visit a dear friend of mine. Unfortunately she and her husband were too busy during the week with work and so for the first few days weren't able to take us around. We felt that hiring a guide would be a good alternative to get out and about. I compared different tours and settled on Shanghai Super Tours as one of the guides, Nick, gave me a great consultation over the phone. My husband was somewhat apprehensive about the price initially but he liked the name! So we decided to book a full day tour.

We were picked up at our hotel and were greeted in the lobby by both Brandon and Nick. I wondered if 2 guides were really necessary, but it actually made the tour for us. They presented us with a gift bag full of goodies and made us feel welcomed! They broke the ice by introducing us to the other 2 guests on the tour and to the driver, a chinese man called Mr. B. I felt at ease and was happy that the group size was small, as previous city tours we had joined in other places were often with a bus load of other people. This was much more leisurely.

First we went to a souvenir market on Nanjing Road. Along the way there, our guides gave us a crash course on how to haggle. It was a lot to take in but they made everyone feel comfortable by letting us know that they would be there to step in if needed. As we went through the market (which was much bigger than I expected), I spotted a few t-shirts and decided to put my new haggling skills to the test. The shop keeper was a bit aggressive and in fact made me quite nervous. Thankfully, Brandon and Nick were standing behind the shop keeper and motioned with their hands to not accept the offer. The price kept dropping and dropping! I managed to get the t-shirts for about 30% of the original offer. Shopping in China was truly a unique experience and we had a really nice day.

Next we went to lunch at a spicy Sichuan restaurant and our guides explained several of the dishes as well as the background to the Sichuan region. Not only was the food fantastic, the conversation was great! Our guides really opened up about their experiences living in China. They shared a few interesting stories and kept the table laughing the whole time. We got a bit carried away with the table talk and we ended up running late to the next part of the tour. It wasn't a problem though, as the tours were flexible. Instead of going to the fabric market, the guides suggested we go to an antique street which was closer. My husband ended up buying a lucky cat statue for our niece. Again, our guides were behind the shop keeper giving my husband instructions. Too funny!

Overall, the shopping tour was fantastic. From the start, the guides were warm and were full of energy. Everyone had a lot of fun together. If I ever return to Shanghai, I'd consider booking with them again.

4  Thank Megan R
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We'd been to Shanghai before but always felt a little out of place exploring on our own. I decided to look into some options and after doing my online research contacted several tour operators. Shanghai Supertours impressed me with their email responses and the way they presented themselves on the website really made an impact.

I've used tour companies before but nothing like this. When they said it was personal I had no idea just how involved Brandon and Nick would be. This was literally customised to our every whim. I emailed the guys backwards and forwards a few times prior to travelling and sorted out a loose itinerary. They guys stressed though that this was completely flexible.

We did a day tour, started off in Tai Kan Lu (street), an amazing arty shopping area which we'd never had found. Then we hit one of the 'souvenir' markets. This was awesome, Brandon and Nick were totally at home here and it made the whole haggling thing so much easier. I literally don't know what I'd have done without them. They guys then took us down Nanjing road towards the Bund, all the way keeping us informed and entertained.

The car service along with our personal guides made us feel like royalty, we had an amazing lunch at a small lane restaurant we'd never dared try, and felt like we were leaving old friends at the end of the day. I'd use them next time, and explore even more of the city.

1  Thank BaxterFlyer
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Visited Shanghai in late November last year with my husband, as a long haul stop over, for a sightseeing and shopping trip, with Shanghai Super Tours. Ended up having a brilliant couple of days, hugely due to a day with our great guides Nick and Brandon.

For starters, to be picked up and taken around the city, with your own private car and driver, to all the best sights and markets was made so easy. Shanghai is vast with many of the top sights scattered all over the city. Went to fantastic places that we would never have found ourselves, and Nick, with his fluent Chinese, just made the experience all the more easier and fun. Lunch was great, as we got to sample food from the Yunnan region of China, while Nick and Brandon chatted about the many places they had travelled to around China and the world. So interesting and funny!

We covered far more than we expected to see and do in Shanghai - given that we only had one full day - from the Bund, Nanjing Road and Peoples Square, to shopping at the fabric and antique markets, which would have been panic inducing if we had done it on our own (the language barrier would have been a real issue otherwise). We got in a lot of Christmas shopping, although next time we will build in more time to have some clothing tailored and fitted for ourselves! We also made last minute changes to the itinerary, by visiting a quaint antique market stall street late in the afternoon, but they were extremely flexible, and nothing ever seemed to be a problem.

To add to it all, spending time with Nick and Brandon was just so easy as they were extremely knowledgable, friendly and we just seemed to laugh all the time. Kees and I would highly recommend taking a Shanghai Super Tour to have the best possible time in Shanghai. Thanks again guys!

Yvonne and Kees Kemp. Bahrain.

1  Thank ymkemp
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I did a lot of research before this trip, looking into which type of tour would suit me the best. It was my first time in China with my partner and we were both apprehensive about making sure we got to see all the sites in Shanghai and also got to see some things off the beaten track. We knew that we needed a reliable tour as neither of us were confident with speaking the language.

We came across Shanghai Super Tours and decided to book straight away. We were not disappointed. Nick and Brandon were so helpful. Emailing us before the trip with answers to any questions we had. They were very organised and prompt with replies and timings, and were really happy to help us out. Really personal.

When we got there, we were so happy to find that the tours did not disappoint. We did a couple of different ones, day and night - seeing the famous Bund and getting to see Taikang Lu, a great market, where we bought most of our souvenirs.

The great thing was that it didn't seem generic. The tours felt almost personal to myself and boyfriend. Our most memorable days in Shanghai were while on a tour with Nick & Brandon.

3  Thank JazzyStef