“Tea paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Orange County, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tea paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

A great place to visit. We ventured in looking for cheap tea sets and tea. We were expecting the typical tourist trap but were surprised to find great shop owners who invited you in to sample their tea and teach about what makes each tea special. Tea sets are reasonable priced, carrying both porcelain and iron sets. We saw the same tea sets at other place for 2x the price. We then went to see nancy on the 2nd floor about tea. We were surprised she invited us in to sample her teas and educate us. Her prices are reasonable priced too. We got Lan Chang tea #0081 black tea cake for $70 RMB when other places were selling at double the price. Overall great experience. I would recommend to any tea lover.

PS: the 2nd floor has the better values. And only take cash or union pay credit cards.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Eagle23wr

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Nagpur
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Chinese tea heaven.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

If you love Chinese tea, then you will love this place. This is not just some place made for tourists. Owners here like to spend time in educating you about different types of Chinese teas. You can taste as many varieties of tea as you like before you decide to buy. You receive help i trying to figure out which tea suites your tastes and budget best. It has about 150 odd shops. The prices are excellent too. You can get tea here at 50% of rates at other usual touristy places.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jatin A
Pomezia, Italy
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Dreaming place for all tea lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

When I was in Shanghai, a Chinese colleague of mine suggested me this place where she usually went to buy tea and tea stuff. So, before going at least I already knew it was an original Chinese shop and not made for tourist.
And when I arrived... it was like being in a funfair!
This is a shopping mall with many different shops selling all about tea: all the different variety you can think to, all the different tea pots you can imagine and even more, and all the tools you could never think existing!
And, everything has a really cheap price, so at the end you will for sure spend more than what you budgeted (so it was not so cheap, after all!).
Because I was send here by my colleague, her friend (a shop's owner) did a special tea ceremony to let me taste different kind of tea and infusions, and also helped me to visit all the other shops to find authentic Chinese tea sets (and getting a better price with discount).

The issue is that they do not accept credit card, and the bank in front of the shopping centre did not accept my European card to withdraw money, so come here with a certain amount of money which, for experience, should be greater than at least the 25% of what you will think to spend. Trust me, you will need!
If I will come back in Shanghai, sure I will come back here! (and remember to print the address in Chinese to show it to the taxi)

Visited November 2011
3 Thank Aragorn983
Stockholm, Sweden
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“For tea lover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

If you love tea and wants to know a lot of difference between different tea area her is where you should go. I bought a lot but notice the is a very big difference in prices so compare before buying.

Visited July 2012