“Great sushi for shanghai”

He Dian Sushi (96 Plaza)
Ranked #2,208 of 17,077 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Lujiazui
Neighborhood: Lujiazui
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This sushi restaurant has a great selection of Sushi and sashimi which is fresh and served promptly. I like the sushi train tables for quick access to plates. It is difficult to get a seat so come early and be prepared to wait.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I cannot really rate it as I tried many times to sponteaously visit the restaurant, but never was able to get a table. I went there however a few yeas ago, the food is good.

1  Thank freq_travelling
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were so happy to have discovered Gatten Sushi, the food was good quality, taste was delicious and we didn't spend a lot. We had our baby with us and asked to be seated on the side which they did, and gave us a little toy which entertained baby the entire meal. Staff were smiley and overall it was fantastic, we will go there again for sure.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is considered a cheap conveinient sushi place in Japan, but I thought it was little pricey for Chinese standards. You can pick up a sushi dish on the rotater or ask the sushi chef to make you a fresh one. Price differs according to what you eat, so becareful.
It usually takes years to become a decent sushi chef, but the Japanese chef who sood in front of me said he has only been in this business for a year. It cost us 200RMB/hd but it may cost more if you don't manage what you eat. The high standard sushi places may cost 1000RMB/hd, so I guess you can get your moneys worth here.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The sushi tasted very well. The waitors did not speak English, but it was not a problem at all, the menu card is in Englush, so you'll just have to point at what you would like to eat or drink. The place is quite popular, so without reservation first, we waited about 30 min before we got a table. I would absolutely visit this place again, maybe one more time before I leave Shanghai.

1  Thank familytrip123