“Rejuvenating Elements...”
Review of Elements Spa - CLOSED

Elements Spa
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Living in Shanghai, my wife and I have been to many spas, but from the moment one walks into Elements, he/she is treated with VIP care by the front-desk staff - who have excellent English, by the way. The building has a French Concession villa charm to add to the experience.

We both took the hot-stone oil massage. Really nice, relaxing and rejuvenating. Not at all like the muscle intrusive non-oil massages that are pretty common around Shanghai.

I enjoyed it so much that this is the first time that I've written a TA review for a spa.

11  Thank Laopengyou
There are newer reviews for Elements Spa

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Elements has great ambiance and this along with the competent professional massages is what sets it apart from the many much cheaper options available. Having said that it's not exorbitant and if you are in town long enough to benefit from the purchase of their discount card it becomes quite reasonable for a good quality spa experience

3  Thank China_Chiel
Reviewed November 26, 2011

did the travellers special - 1 hour massage and 1 hour foot massage. awesome. the hour massage is not "theraputic deep tissue" but oh so relaxing. surprisingly it was the foot massage that almost put me to sleep. clean, relaxing and well worth the $. much cheaper than the spas at the hotel and just as good.

6  Thank dwr
Reviewed October 11, 2011

i have heard good things about elements spa and decided to try it out myself during my trip to shanghai. i opted for the traditional acupressure massage from master zhu due to my recent sports injury. i was impressed by master zhu's superb acupressure skill for a whole body treatment. but i was more amazed that i largely recovered from my shoulder and foot injury the next day. master zhu pinpointed the injury points and skillfully applied acupressure treatment to the injured area. i highly recommend master zhu to anyone who enjoys a traditional acupressure massage.

2  Thank ShawnD197
Reviewed October 8, 2011

i stopped by shanghai to visit friends on my business trip to Hong Kong. My friends took me to the spa they usually go to for everything (ie. nails, waxing, facial, massages etc.) to ease my jet lag.
we were greeted by the friendly staff and pleasant lemon grass scent at the reception area. I chose to have a 90 minute aromatherapy, the therapist was very tentative and good which made me so relax that i wanted another session.
I went back to Elements Spa two days later to try the express facial. Elements Spa only uses imported products for their facial therapy. The facial therapist was really professional and the treatment was excellent.
Elements Spa's pricing is so reasonable and the staff, although limited in english were friendly and helpful. I am really envious of my friends living and working in shanghai having such a nice get away close to home.

3  Thank judy L