“Excellent package”

Ranked #897 of 17,398 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Jing'an
Description: In July 2014, Lapis Thai together with Le Viet, Vietnamese and French cuisine, and Salmos Sky Lounge, the largest urban air garden bar, to enter 1788 Square of Shanghai. It aims to be the new landmark of Shanghai center with the 1,800 square meters’ flagship store. The mixed use of a variety of building materials and the special design creates a compromise taste of the modern atmosphere and elegant humanistic spirit. The former spacious room which could accommodate up to 1,200 people has redesigned to open compartments for 10 people’s parties or hundreds of people’s large-scale events. The outdoor dining area, swimming pool, Sky Bar, the exclusive 3D Mapping and the 7 meters large projection, etc. could overlook Shanghai's scenery. It could be the best choice for wedding, party, business entertainment.
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Good enviroment,great food without msg and fast service for lunch ,ideal spot for enjoy with friend Thai in modern stlish dining concept,excellent location nied Portman and one of most famous shopping street in Shanghai

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I could not believe what the waiter said after we sat down and asked for some warm water. We had been walking around Tianzifang and had gotten very cold. The waiter said, "we only sell bottled water. We have warm water but we do not provided it."My husband was ready to lave, but I asked for the manager thinking that the manager would clear this up and we can go on to a pleasant meal. Instead the manager said, "We do not have warm water."
So, we left, went straight to Simply Thai, which is 100x better, greeting us with smiles and alas, warm water for free!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Very good food and always enjoyable atmosphere.

This new location in the complex with the Ritz hotel is very nice and during my first visit the service was very good. I've been to their restaurant in Thumb Plaza Pudong and the food is equally good but the service can be on and off.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have been to this restaurant several times as I do like the food, and to be honest it is one of the few decent restaurants near where I stay in Pudong (Shanghai).

I ordered the spicy sour chicken coconut soup (tom kha gai) which was superb but it came out last. I also ordered the pork green curry and some spicy thai fried rice. The curry came out first along with the beer I ordered (which was my second choice ad they did not have my first choice of beer available). The curry sat there getting cold whilst I waited for some rice or the spicy fried rice i ordered. I waited for 15 minutes to get any further food.

That being said, the food was good, but as usual this place lets itself down with absolute rubbish service, and has no concept in which order to serve food.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

I really loved this place! The atmosphere is magic..very romantic! The food was really delicious, I recommend you to book in advance the sofa on the first floor...it's so charming!! Besides, this restaurant is in the "French Concession", that really worths a visit, with its little streets, and soft lights...really amazing!