Book In Advance

from $46.99
from $86.99
from $99.00
More Info
All reviews tea tasting full day tour great tour tour guide silk knowledge english bund
Reviewed November 24, 2018

Rebecca

I wanted to let you know how much my wife and I enjoyed the full day sightseeing tour to the Shaanxi Museum, Big Wild Goose Pagoda and Ancient City Wall on Sunday Oct. 21.I believe our guide was Nancy - sorry if I've gotten her name wrong.
She was a wonderful guide, full of information, very eager to help.I am grateful to her for helping me down the 70 steps from the wall when my knees had turned to jelly. I will always remember her kindness. Please thank her for me.
Vincent P.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We had the AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT Jamie Wang as our guide for our Private Shanghai Museums Tour.

Because we’d seen one of the scheduled museums (the Shanghai Museum), on our previous day’s tour, our flexible and whip-smart guide found an additional interesting museum/the Postal Museum- in Shanghai to fascinate us. (I especially appreciated that he took us to see the weekend Marriage Market in the park. That was such a cultural treat!)

The Shanghai History and Revolution Museum was interesting. Jamie gave us awesome detailed background all the way through it.

We REALLY liked the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall. You’ve never seen a model city til you’ve seen THIS model of a city. It will blow your mind!

Jamie speaks impeccable English and has the intellectual depth and skills of a tenured professor. We felt as if we’d gotten to take a college course on Shanghai history.

Whatever you see with him as your tour guide, you’ll learn a lot and have a great time! WOW!! ASK FOR JAMIE!!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 8, 2018

A 9am pick up from our hotel lead us into a day of discovery, history and sight seeing. We arrived at the Shanghai Museum and spent a couple of hours exploring this fascinating facility with incredible displays of coins, silk, ceramics and jade. The Bund was incorporated with a walk and a history lesson from our great English speaking guide Frank who was a college of knowledge and very passionate about Shanghai. We visited some beautiful gardens and Buddhist monks chanting and a place for people to pray, reflect and leave the outside world behind for a while. Lunch was provided along with a pearl and silk factory visit, we did buy a " Silk worm duna " from a government run factory, they packaged it up so we could put it in the lid of our suit case, it's now on our bed and it is by far the best piece of bedding we have ever purchased. We visited old Shanghai with its markets and food stalls and a district called The French Collection, which was a restaurant district incorporating high end and mid range eating.
All in all it was a great tour and Frank was perfect and knowledgeable host.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Having just one day to get to know Shanghai, I booked this tour. It was very interesting and I got to know the highlights of the city. I am quite glad I chose this tour cause otherwise it would have been quite difficult to visit all these places without knowing how to move in the city, dealing with the crooked taxi drivers and with rain on top of it. If you have little time or you want to get to know as much as possible in one day, this is the tour for you.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed August 25, 2017

Did the half-day tour with Frank as my tour guide. There were only 3 of us on the tour, the other 2 had booked a full-day tour so I was joining half way in. Because of this, once I was picked up I was asked to wait around for 30 minutes while the other 2 + Frank ate lunch. This wasn't a problem for me, though, as I had the opportunity to walk a bit and take some photos. Afterwards not only did we visit the pearl museum, but Frank also threw in a tea tasting on top of visiting the bund, the silk museum, and French concessions. Frank's English is SUPERB as well as his knowledge of the city! Sure, you may be hard pressed to buy something, but can you blame the locals for the hard sell when they know you're there as a tourist? My advice: just know when to say no thank you and walk away. Most are very receptive and respectful of this.

Half day tour was plenty for me--it allowed me to explore more on my own, but still gain the knowledge of the city I was looking for. In addition, it's a lot of walking and there's a lot to take in, so half-day was plenty for me!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

Booked a full day Shanghai tour and like other reviewers, a lot of time was spent at places for us to buy "stuff" as opposed to actual tourist atttactions. Whilst we did visit the "must" see attractions, we were rushed and barely allowed time to take pictures. Save yourself a lot of money and use the hop on hop off bus at 30RMB per person and see all the attractions. They also provide audio commentaries.

Date of experience: May 2017