“cheap,fast, and filling”

Yang's Fried-Dumpling (Ningbo Road)
Ranked #22 of 17,148 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: People’s Square
Neighborhood: People’s Square
Reviewed July 24, 2014

if you want something fast and cheap, go for yang's dumpling! it's one of things i eat when I crave fast food here in china. you can either go steamed or fried. better with chili sauce or black vinegar!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

After exploring Shanghai, we started to feel hungry. We wanted to try some local food. Our guide, Avril from China. Odyssey Tour, asked us to try this dumplings. It is very delicious. Everyone love it. Even our kids love it too. Thank you Avril. It is a great choice to try the local cuisine

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Best 6RMB I've ever spent! There was a line the day I went but totally worth the wait. They serve the fried dumplings fresh and you have the option of sitting inside or taking them to go. The dumplings are steamed to perfection and the meat patty inside is incredibly juicy. On the plus side, they're not AS oily as many others I've tried in Shanghai. If you're in the People's Square area, I'd highly recommend Yang's Fried Dumplings! It's a short distance walk from the metro as well!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

So delicious. Real Shanghaiese pan fried pork dumplings. Fried without steaming upside down. So juicy and delicious.

Even the prawn ones were amazing and I didn't expect them to be at all.

6rmb for 4 pork dumplings and 16rmb for 4 prawn dumplings. Yes, I know pan fried pork dumplings were 0.2rmb each when I was living in Shanghai 20 years ago, but who cares, these are so delicious I'd pay so much more for them.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We've been in Shanghai 5 days, we found yang's on day 2 and have had them every day since...and thought about having them for pretty much every meal. These are incredible little fellas! They do offer other very reasonably priced food but the dumplings are the reason to go. Juicy, soft (yet crispy bottomed), tasty totally moorish and incredibly cheap. We watched and learned from a local who adopted the chopstick and spoon technique- you don't want to loose any of that tasty juice. Yes, they may be unhealthy but Shanghai offers plenty of chance to walk them off! We're going back for breakfast tomorrow before we leave.....

1  Thank Faye27615