“Expensive restaurant for poor food”

JW's California Grill (JW Marriott Shanghai Tomorrow Square)
Ranked #86 of 17,076 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: People’s Square
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This restaurant is inside the JW Marriot hotel.
I ordered a small steak, that was good enough, but not juicy at all. Together with the steak I ordered a baked potato: it was not very good, and the so-called butter was instead some kind of poor cream. I did not like it.
At the end of the dinner, they served 3 biscuits able to break your teeth: my recommendation is not to try them...
More than 500 RMB for that.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I went here for decent steak. I got very friendly welcome from the waitresses. They explained the menu and differences of the meat carefully. I selected 250 grams tenderloin with oven potato. Steak cost 488 renminbi. Side dish added almost 50 rmb. Steak was ordered as medium rare, but to me it was medium. Slightly over done. In any case meat quality was very high.

Food prices are not low. This applies to wine as well. Restaurant was rather rather empty when I ate there. It's a decent hotel restaurant with great views. I could eat here again.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I had been here a few years ago. Since then I Always considered this restaurant the one where I had the best steack in my life. So I decided to come back a try another memorable experience with a steak.
Probably somenthing has changed since then. Meat quality doesn't look like the same anymore, prices increased, very close to be unacceptable. Meat is good, although not unfotgettable, and similar to other good steackhouses.

Service is good and vew astonishing, but the restaurant has become another very expensive, not worth to come for an excellent meat at a good price.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

A nice mix of western and Chinese food. I went for lunch and there was a very nice menu mixed with an appetizer and dessert buffet.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ate dinner here with tired kids because we needed an easy meal. Would recommend going elsewhere if you have any energy, but this is a good choice for tired travelers.

Travelers who viewed JW's California Grill (JW Marriott Shanghai Tomorrow Square) also viewed

Been to JW's California Grill (JW Marriott Shanghai Tomorrow Square)? Share your experiences!