“authentic italian pizza”

Scena (The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai Pudong)
Ranked #2 of 17,280 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lujiazui
Description: In a cozy setting fitted with stylish furniture, artistic decor in rich earth and burgundy tones, dining at Scena promises a pleasurable experience as it continues to serve exquisite authentic Italian cuisine. Large sharing portions will be introduced in the new Scena, in the convivial tradition of an authentic Italian dinner. Scena sits on the hotel’s 52nd floor providing diners with breathtaking views of the city through floor to ceiling glass windows. Old wooden beams, flexible partitions and display shelves allow for separate spaces for diners without depriving them the pleasure of outside views. With the new elegant, albeit casual and homey, atmosphere of Scena and the true flavors of genuine Italian cooking it serves, diners are assured of the finest service from its highly skilled staff and an experience they look forward to again. Scena Restaurant includes a main dining area that seats 128 guests, plus a private room for 16 diners. Dress code: Smart Casual (No flip-flops, beach sandals, plastic footwear; No sleeveless shirts or shorts for gentlemen)
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Like their pizza! Not easy to find a restaurant serving real buffalo mozzarela and decent pizza, but in Scena they aim to provide real stuff. Was a casual dinner, and the place is very welcoming. The T-Bone was a bit light to my taste, but portion was terrific! Service very friendly.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Great service, and (if the smog was less thick) a great view. Shame about the food.

We're hardly foodies, but even our palates could tell that salt was being rationed here. The (alleged) minestrone soup I ordered tasted of nothing. After adding my daily allowance of sodium (and some pepper) to my green 'vegetable' soup, which I never do I hasten to add it was still, lets say, bland. The waiter thankfully offered to change it, so I had the Beef Carpaccio which was fine.

I then had Carbonara Gnocci. Presentation class must have been missed as I could have dumped a spoon-load on a 15-inch plate better myself. This too was bland, my tongue searching out every salty morsel of bacon for relief.

I assure you, I don't have some tongue-damage which makes it impossible for me to taste salt. My partner's food suffered from the same lack of seasoning, and we ordered completely differently.

Such a shame really. It could be a great place. Service was great though!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Go to the restaurant if the weather is good - the view of the city is fabulous!

I went there for lunch - steak wasn't so good.....................................though..... Other than that, was great.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Once again was visiting Scena, this time with friends, as I'm a big fan of Italian food, I didn't want to take any chances, so I came back....
Service was very good, I actually came with some food freaks, so everything was under magnifying glass... food and drinks were excellent, the staff always was around..
This was a very good way of ending my day with a good company, atmosphere and food.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I've been here some weeks ago for a business dinner arranged by my secretary...we didn't want to be so far away from the hotel so we decided to stay on Pudong side....
Prooved to be an excellent choice.
The menue was excellent and they have a more than decent wine list.
The service was outstanding and the recommendations of the very attentetive staff were exactly to the expectation.

I will defenetly come back.