I stayed at the 4-people dorm for 2 weeks in this hostel. There's only 1 locker for each person so you need to occupy extra floor space in the room for baggage. Luckily I only got 2 bags with me so it's fine, otherwise I have to ''compete'' with other people in my room who seem to live here for longer.
Bedding is clean and the duvet is warm enough. Quite happy to find it quite clean since budget travelers ask for nothing more than a clean and nice place to sleep. Public area such as the bathroom and toilets are quite clean surprisingly. I think they clean it everyday. Hot water is ok as long as you do not bath at ''peak'' hours. 9am in the morning or 8pm at night is OK. There's radiator (air conditioner) in each room so it's quite warm. The lounge is a very nice place to social if one wants to meet new friends and chat.
One needs a room card to get into his/her own room. I feel quite safe in the hostel.
You will need earplugs to sleep, if you're a lightsleeper. Don't expect too much from hostel. People chat and shout at nights and in early morning.
THey reply email quite efficiently. Very appreciated.
The only 2 things that you may find annyoing:
(1) Wifi is ok but not exceptionally great.
(2) The location is a bit tricky to find. I would suggest others to search for Wu Yi Road 551. The hostel is located in the small lane opposite to Wu Yi Road 551. It's easier to locate than finding Zhao Hua Road as the hostel address suggests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rock&Wood hostel is trying to be the best one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rock & Wood International Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rock & Wood International Youth Hotel Shanghai
- Rock And Wood International Youth Hostel