“Recent trip to Shanghai”

Shanghai Lander-Day Tour
$68.00*
3-hour Shanghai Bund and Breakfast Tour
Ranked #17 of 130 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: Shanghai Lander is operated by professional Shanghai tour guides and local experts. We offer destination management and private sightseeing tours based in Shanghai of China. We would like to share the real city with you, new landers in Shanghai.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Jean Liu and the driver of the bus were very gracious, professional, patient and efficient. We had a group of adults and children of mixed ages, and the heat and humidity of Shanghai in July were oppressive. Jean kept the group interested with her descriptions of different neighborhoods, history of buildings and residences in the city and insight into the lives of the city dwellers. I would definitely use them again on a future trip to Shanghai and would recommend Jean anytime.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I can’t possibly say enough about how great Jean was on our recent visit to Shaghai. We had conflicting needs and ideas about what we wanted to see/do/experience during our stay and had ages ranging from 4-75 in our group. Jean managed to make everyone happy. She was organized, knowledgeable, patient and helpful, finding incredible places to see, eat and even locating businesses where we could get foot massages, our laundry cleaned and clothes made for us! She took care of logistics including buying our train tickets and while we were enjoying the sights, she was extremely knowledgeable about the history of each sight/location. I would recommend her enthusiastically!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My colleague and I came to Shanghai for work and wanted to spend the weekend touring around. After doing some research on Trip Advisor, I booked a 2 day tour with Shanghai-Lander. First off, Jean was flexible with our arrangements as I booked with her less than 48 hours before we arrived. Then, despite a few changes to our itinerary, she was incredibly flexible and accomodating. She even helped arrange for a car for us in Hangzhou as I didn't know what company to use and was literally boarding our flight when that needed to be done.

Jean assigned Mark as our tour guide and he was fantastic!! On Saturday he took us all over Shanghai and was very knowledgeable and pleasant. We toured around this wonderful city and saw things that without him we would have missed. His knowlege of all of the sites, including Jade Buddha Temple, Yu Yuan Gardens and Old Town, The Bund, Xintiandi and Tian Zi Fang was impressive.

On Sunday we went to Hangzhou and toured the West Lake, went up to the tea plantations and ate lunch at a farmer's home and then finished the day at Lingyin Temple. Without Mark this trip would have been impossible. His knowledge of the area was very good and we had a great two days with him.

The costs for both days was incredibly reasonable (about $240 US) and we had a fantastic time. We came to Shanghai for business but, because of Jean and Mark, also managed to see the city and surrounding area and had a memorable trip.

Thank you Jean and Mark for your kind assistance!!!

1  Thank njgirl88
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I had a one-day tour with Jean and thoroughly enjoyed it. She is incredibly knowledgeable about Shanghai and China in general. I learnt so much about the history of Shanghai, saw many sights, and she also took me to a dumpling place where I had the best dumplings I've ever eaten! I would recommend her tours to anyone visiting Shanghai.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Jean was an incredible guide! We had a group of 23 family members including 9 kids and she had the patience of Job. She was organized, interesting, Fun, knowledgeable and kind. Will definitely use her again!