“Amazing pork dumplings!”

Yang's Fried Dumplings (HuangHe Road)
Ranked #19 of 16,925 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: People’s Square
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing pork dumplings!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Amazing pork dumplings to be had at Yangs! We ate at the Yang's near the entrance to D Mall at Peoples' Square. Yang's has other outlets across ths city.

The dumplings were full of pork but were crispy at the bottom which really tasted like pork crackling!! Be careful eating them as hot liquid can squirt out of the dumplings.
6 RMB for 4 dumplings.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai
“Might not go again.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I had heard so much about Yang's and I am crazy about dumplings so I was very excited to try some of the famous shengjianbao at Yang's. They were tasty - I can't argue with that - and they were cheap. But they were also stodgy and greasy and I couldn't manage more than one even though I was really hungry (they're quite big though). I think they'd be great post-drinking food to soak up the alcohol but I wouldn't be rushing back for any more dumplings.

• Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Still dreaming about this place”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I visited shanghai in Sept 2011 and was taken to Yangs. OMG I haven't stopped dreaming about the place and am on the never ending search to find something remotely similar in Sydney. I don't think I will, this place is one of a kind and unfortunately I think ive had my only chance. So tasty and so cheap....

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank maidenvain
Hong Kong, China
“Why Did I go?”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

In Shanghai there a quite a number of "Must Do s". Yangs was one of the places I was told to go for Fried soup dumplings because it was a Shanghai institution. I went for breakfast one morning as it was right around the corner from the hotel off of West Nanjing road (there are several, its now a chain). Wow - Bad just doesnt say it better. Over fried with tastless pork inside. The people were nice and it was cheap and clean but there are many other places that are much better

• Visited July 2013
Beijing, China
“Delicious but watch out”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

These fried dumplings are big balls of joy. Filled with a soft mince meat and soup, it is encased in pastry, pan fried and topped with sesame seeds. The base is crispy and you are encouraged to dip in the vinegar and chilli which is on the table. Be warned though the juicy goodness comes squirting out and is hot hot hot!

Visited June 2013