“A great alternative w.r.t hotels for a family”

Aquaspace Shanghai Serviced Apartment
Aquaspace Shanghai Serviced Apartment
Ranked #68 of 292 Specialty Lodging in Shanghai
“A great alternative w.r.t hotels for a family”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Idealy located in Pudong, they provide bicycles for free, very convenient to discover Pudong even during summer.
Don't forget to negociate directly with the manager the free entrance of the swimming pool prior confirmation of your booking.

• Stayed July 2012
Sophie T, Manager at Aquaspace Shanghai Serviced Apartment, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Greetings from Aquaspace,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our apartment and service. It's been a pleasure to have you stay with us, and we are glad you had a good time in Shanghai!

The seasonal outdoor pool in our complex is indeed a plus during your stay, and we will continue with the summer promotion in the coming years. Our 2 bedroom Family Suites are ideal for family travelers for longer stay, and with all the convenience facilities we provide, we hope to make guests feel at home.

Hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hongkong
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed in a business suite during my work visit to Shanghai in March for about a month. The suite is on 26th floor with view to the river, was very pleasant. Liked its design and spacious rooms, and for myself it was nice not to have housekeeping coming over everyday like hotels.

Access to the gym and facility has to be through concierge desk with a small extra fee, and service normally needs a couple of hours reservation, but the staff were friendly. This place is good for a longer period of stay, but if just for a few days, I'd still choose a hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Marketing Manager at Aquaspace Shanghai Serviced Apartment, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Greetings from Aquaspace,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our establishment! I’m very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with Aquaspace Serviced apartments. We are known for our spacious apartments and I'm happy that you enjoyed that. I apologize for any inconvenience the gym and other facilities may have caused, but I hope that didn't affect your stay with us. We hope to be able to serve you on your next stay in Shanghai!
Toronto
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently spent a month in Shanghai on business. I stayed with Aquaspace in one of their business suite apartments. The apartment was quite large (120 sqm) with all of the amenities I needed. The study had a nice view of the river and I was only a 5 minute walk from my office in the World Financial Center.
It would be hard to call Aquaspace a hotel. It is more a series of apartments in a very nice compound. I found the service team to be very polite and responsive when I needed them though. If you are looking for 5-star service than perhaps this is not the place for you but if you want a beautiful apartment in a great location than I would highly recommend Aquaspace.
I loved the illy espresso machine in the kitchen!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Greetings from Aquaspace,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our establishment! It is reassuring to hear that you had a wonderful stay with our apartments. Aquaspace Serviced Apartments is known for its location and spacious accommodations, I hope you took full advantage of that and had a chance to explore the surrounding Lujiazui area as well as rest in the spacious apartment after your adventures. We really would like to encourage all customers with Aquaspace to tell us the good and bad of their stay so we can further improve on the good parts and correct the mistakes to give the customer a better experience.
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We travelled with three kids and stayed 10 days.

The family suite was quite spacious and there was enough room for us all (3 br, living room, dining, kitchen, 2 bathrooms). However, the kitchen was smelling mold. And the cleanliness was poor. We where promised to have cleaning three times/week and 2x/week they were supposed to change the linen and towels. After three days they did only very slight cleaning. The towels I had left on the floor (they were wet) were lifted up and had not been changed. Nor the linen were changed. The garbage were not emptyed. After calling to the conscierge, someone came with the towels and took our garbage away.
After 6 days the linen were changed. This was done only once during our 10 days stay.
There were other quests belongings under the sofa, the floor was dirty...

There was problems with air-con., internet needed booting several times per day.

There was a swimming pool, but if you wanted to swim, you needed to pay a ticket, buy a health certificate, undergo a health inspection, buy a swimming hat... "A bit" complicated, I would say.

The restaurant was not open during our stay.

I would not recommend this hotel. Even though the location is quite nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mia S
Greetings from Aquaspace,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our establishment! I would first like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced while staying with us. We have informed our service staff of the mishaps in cleaning, warnings have been issued to the cleaning staff, and appropriate actions have been taken. Again, thank you very much for your review as we would like to constantly encourage our guests to inform us about mistakes we may have made so we do not make them again.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Pros:
Loved the location as it is only a 10 minute walk to the centre of Pudong and the main attractions. The metro and ferry are all very easy to access. The apartment rooms are all large and clean and allow you to feel very much at home.

Cons:
The reception is located in the middle of the compound and with no phones in the rooms is difficult to contact. Getting a gym pass involved a daily visit to reception and then a wait whilst they negotiated with the clubhouse to get us entry...even asking us to hide away whilst they spoke to the desk staff. The outdoor pool does not open until the end of June so we missed being able to use it until our last day. They then told us there was a daily charge and swim caps must be worn at all times. We gave it a miss.
The bikes in our room did not operate as after we repaired the seat with a borrowed spanner we found the the breaks did not align and we once agin gave up at this point.

Overall we still enjoyed our stay, but if you enjoy a bit of service I would still recommend one of the many hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Neale W
, Marketing Manager at Aquaspace Shanghai Serviced Apartment, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Greetings from Aquaspace,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our establishment! I must apologize for any inconvenience we may have brought you with the service. We want to constantly encourage our guests to inform us about any mistakes we may have made so we do not make them again. We really hope you enjoyed your overall stay with us and hope to be able to serve you again and show you the changes we have made to rectify the problems.

Guangzhou, China
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed with this service apartment shortly for my trip to Shanghai on business. I personally found this place quite pleasurable. I didn’t have many requirements in terms of special arrangements and the check-in was quite smooth other than the fact that the place is a bit difficult to find. (For future travellers, look for a restaurant called Aqua, the check-in counter it is attached to it!)
The apartment itself was extremely pleasant as it had many international TV channels, had a stunning view (I stayed in one of their smaller apartments with a view, I very much recommend this), and I felt perfectly at home. However the only thing I would definitely recommend them is to place phones in their rooms, a bit difficult for me to order food without it!
Otherwise, I would recommend this place for travellers, more likely for families as the place is very spacious.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
, Marketing Manager at Aquaspace Shanghai Serviced Apartment, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Greetings from Aquaspace,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our establishment! Thank you for your review of Aquaspace Shanghai, I apologize for our check-in counter that is difficult to find as it is part of the Aqua restaurant. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the room and had the chance to browse the international TV channels. We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future!

qingdao china
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The room and location were good but after our stay I think they should take the "Serviced" out of the "Serviced Apartments" name. Strange they had such glowing reviews, maybe they don't quite care any more.
We booked an apartment and wanted to know if we could check in early on the day of our arrival (10:00) because we had plans to get some things done in town. First problem we encountered is nobody answering the phones of the 2 contact numbers provided. Tried many times and finally got through on a third contact number. Lady on the line said it would be "no problem" to check in early. But when we finally found the check in office at the second floor restaurant in the complex (not an easy place to find I might add) we were told we had to wait until noon. After we explained that we had been told we could check in a little earlier they denied having any knowledge of the conversation but when we pressed them they said, "oh, oops that was our office and nobody told us". So we had to wait.
We got to the room and the TV wasn't working. Had to wait for some guy to come fix the satellite. Ok. no problem.
Then we noticed there was no phone in the apartment. We were left with the contact numbers but no phone even though their brochure said there was not only a phone but also a 30RMB credit for local calls.? Luckly my wife has a Chinese mobile phone and we were able to contact the concierge. "Sorry, no phone, we forgot to update the brochure". So anybody staying here better have a phone that works in China with them.
TV fixed, great - quite a few western channels. Next morning though, the batteries to the satellite remote were dead and found out the DVD remote had no batteries at all. So can't use either. After a few tries got through to the concierge and explained problem at 09:30am. Left to go into the city 10:30 - still no one with batteries. Came back 04:30pm still no batteries. Called again, hard time getting someone to answer the phone again......Finally got through. "Ok. will send batteries". We have 2 small children( 3 & 5) and at least the TV or DVD could keep them a little occupied while in the apartment. Anyway 6:00pm rolls around and still no batteries. Called again - 15 minutes later batteries show up.
Also called about where to put throw away the garbage and satellite TV is intermitent constantly freezing and going off.
Basically no one seems to be maning the phones in this place. Every time we tried to call it turned out to be quite frustrating.
It is a nice place but any service is almost non-existent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank istvan t
Terence Z, Marketing Manager at Aquaspace Shanghai Serviced Apartment, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Greetings from Aquaspace,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our establishment! I apologize for any inconvenience we may have brought you with these inexcusable mistakes. We strive to improve our services continuously and we have taken action to solve these problems so they will not happen again. Please allow us another chance to show you these changes so we can better serve you and your family on your stay in Shanghai. Once again, we appreciate every comment left by guests so we can correct our mistakes and fix any problems we may have overlooked.

Aquaspace Shanghai

Travelers are raving about these Shanghai hotels