“Wonderful tour”

and up
Private Shanghai Gangster Tour
Ranked #12 of 116 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: The only company to have won 2015 TripAdvisor Certificates Of Excellence in both Shanghai and Beijing, Newman Tours' native English speaking guides use iPads, and Chinese cultural activities to ensure your tour is informative and memorable. We have more than five years' experience leading historical and interactive tours in Beijing, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Nanjing, Xi'an, Tianjin, and of course Chengdu.
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I loved the Qipao tour that we did. The tour was very well prepared, very informative and fun. I recommend them!

“Shanghai with my Dad”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Booked 2 tours for my Dad and I - Best of Shanghai and Day Trip to Hangzhou. Chloe was our guide for both days and was not only delightful but extremely informative. We loved hearing so much about the history and rapid growth of the area. Highly recommend Newman Tours - opens your eyes and ears to the Shanghai experience. Thanks Chloe for taking care of us!

Los Angeles, California
“french concession and Bund tour”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

loved these tours with Daniel so informative and really interesting facts about the people in that time. He has a very easy cool style of keeping you interested and wanting more. Cant wait to go back to fabulous Shanghai and learn more of this enchanting city and its history. I will definitely do his tours again and hope he gives them directly.

Shanghai, China
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Shanghai Ghost Tour”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had a fun time on the ghost tour and while not actually scary - wasn't expecting it to be - was informative and offered up a lot of eerie and superstitious tales that surround us in Shanghai but are rarely noticed. Our guide Chloe did a great job in an evening filled with rain.

I recommend the visit and hope we didn't disturb too many of the walking spirits!

Shanghai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very informative French Concession tour”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I considered just doing a walking tour on my own from a guidebook, but was very happy that I decided to take this tour. The tour guide, Daniel, provided a lot of good history, and we walked through some LiLongs that I would probably not have ventured into on my own. Highly recommended if you want to know some history behind the area.

1 Thank Em B