“Great Tours”

and up
Private Shanghai Gangster Tour
Ranked #12 of 111 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: The only company to have won 2015 TripAdvisor Certificates Of Excellence in both Shanghai and Beijing, Newman Tours' native English speaking guides use iPads, and Chinese cultural activities to ensure your tour is informative and memorable. We have more than five years' experience leading historical and interactive tours in Beijing, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Nanjing, Xi'an, Tianjin, and of course Chengdu.
singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Tours”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We really enjoyed our day with Newman Tours. Our morning tour of the French Concession was followed by a lovely Chinese lunch after which we were shown round some of the areas of Ancient Shanghai. Chloe was a great guide - happy to go at our pace and answer all our questions. I'd definitely recommend Newman Tours.

Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shanghai Ghost Tour”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We did the Ghost Tour around Jing'an on Saturday Night. We all had a great time and really enjoyed out guides stories and historical knowledge. Would recommend you try it out if you can.

1 Thank TheTongTong
london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“GREAT TOUR”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Had a great “Gangster” tour of Shanghai while visiting the other week for work. Newman Tours gives a great insight to the less reported sides of Shanghai (and I think other Chinese cities too), you have great fun and find out lots of useful information from someone based in the city. Typically, city tours can be very drab but this experience, delivered in character, really brought the fiends of the 1920’s underworld to life! I am told that in China it is typical for tour companies to have cheap prices and take you to places that you don’t want to go but where they will earn a commission. This makes Newman Tours great value too, particularly as you do not waste any time with pointless and tacky shopping or over-priced meals!

1 Thank karimv
Shanghai
“Great tours for visitors to Shanghai”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was very happy with both the tours and the tour guides. My parents were coming to visit Shanghai, I wanted them to see the best parts of Shanghai during their limited stay. They have been on two tours so far, the Bund Tour and the French Concession Tour, and I'm keen to book them up on the museum tours as well. As I have to work during the days, it's a great way to keep them entertained and, despite being in Shanghai for almost a year, I also got to hear about new places, funny anecdotes and historical facts. Thanks very much!

Shanghai, China
“Suzhou Trip”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We booked a day tour to Suzhou for the October holidays and my wife, kids and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Chris, our guide, have been very informative and professional. We highly recommend it.