“Value for money”

Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai
Ranked #24 of 5,205 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed October 17, 2013

definitely an ideal place to stay if you are attending the Trade Fair right next to the Exhibition center, lots of choice in foods, shopping in Kerry Parkside. Fitness Center & swimming pool is perfect, especially it is so good for my wife herself to stay by her own while I am busy in meetings with customers

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Samuel H

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel while visiting Shanghai. Thank you also for taking the time to review us again on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay and that you and your wife enjoyed our facilities very much.

I hope we see you back at the Kerry for your next trip to Shanghai.

Peter Clarke

Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

What a wonderful hotel, location and of course the most friendly and attentive staff i have come across. Nothing was a problem and the food in the club room was a massive selection and no problem with relaxinging in there and grabbing some wonderful pastries.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear John B,

Thank you very much for choosing the Kerry Hotel while visiting Shanghai recently. Thank you also for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled we "Pleasantly Surprised" you, that is our aim to surprise and delight our guests. As the newest Brand of Shangri-La many travellers are still learning about us, but have a similar feeling as yours which is a fresh approach to Hospitality in particular with our Food and Beverage and Fitness Facilities.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Kerry Hotel Pudong in the not to distant future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Room and hotel were full of amenities, including a huge 24-hour gym. Excellent service, consistently. Worth the upgrade to the Club, because of the free breakfast and happy hour snacks, which easily serve as dinner. One issue--terrible smell coming out of the shower drain my first day. I assume it was some sort of issue involving the drain.

Dear Betsy V,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel as your home while visiting Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time for the review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed not only our service but also our Kerry Sports facility and Club Lounge. I am delighted you choose to upgrade also as I also believe it offers tremendous value for money. I am sorry for the drain issue, this was quickly rectified and I appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to the Kerry Hotel Pudong in the not to distant future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here to get away from the main city for the weekend and finish some important work. I love the fact that it is right in front of century park, but still has a lively mall next to it. The gym is huge, not too crowded with very new equipment. The 20m(+/-) swimming pool is clean and enjoyable. I thought I would get a good quiet sleep but the sound from the atruim below still got into the room and bugged me for a while. Most staff can speak basic english yet are lost when pressed for more information and questions. Interiors are very high quality, although honestly I have been to better designed hotels that charged less. I had trouble finding the linen bins (didnt find any). Excellent array of complimentary services, including a plate of welcome fruits which was nice... good stock on the mini-bar (all comlimentary) and good fast internet connection (once you figure out how to set it up). Overall very good experience, a bit on the expensive end.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Ferj O,

Thank you very much for choosing the Kerry Hotel while visiting Shanghai recently. Thank you also for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the so many of the unique facilities and services we have to offer. I appreciate your comments on English and will continue to encourage our team on learning English, we currently employ too full time trainers for this purpose. Our outdoor Atrium/Courtyard on the weekends often has events to make sure we offer unique experiences and variety to all our guests and local community, I do apologize that this caused a disturbance during your stay.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Excellent for a business travel. close to the fair center very well appreciated.
A lot of facilities around : Metro station, shopping mall. the spa, swimming pool, the sport centers are great ! Good balance to do business with quality. Meeting rooms at the club are very pleasant .

Dear Sylvie I,

Thank you very much for choosing the Kerry Hotel while visiting Shanghai recently. Thank you also for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the facilities in the attached Kerry Parkside Mall and our 24 hour Sports facilities. I appreciate you taking the time to highlight these along with our meeting facilities in the Club Lounge.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

excellent hotel close to the exhibition center.
I felt comfortable from the beginning.
my room was on the 9th floor with a nice view and enough space
the restaurant "meat" was excellent as well.
nice modern atmosphere at a reasonable price

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear TorstenM980

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel while visiting Shanghai. Thank you also for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you had a perfect stay, which is the constant goal we strive for.

I hope we see you back at the Kerry for your next trip to Shanghai.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed with my family during the Oct Festival.

(Conclusion)
The most amazing place in Shanghai.
Their "customer satisfaction first" is not a mind-less mantra.
I will NOT choose Meridien Shehan or Sophitel Sheshan (both of which I have stayed with my family) over Kerry.

(Need for improvement)
Honestly.... not much to improve!
1) Variation for Japanese breakfast menu but I can survive without it.
2) So many Japanese guests (and neighboers!) that made me feel too much "at home".
But perhaps this proves Kerry's popularity!
3) Pillows were to soft (which could have been replaced had I asked for addtional ones)

(What imprssed me)
All the nice things about the facilities, services, park-views, and breakfast are referred to in the others' reviews and thus I will limit the review to my original ones.

a) I forgot my cap and underwear in the pool and locker. Since this is China, my thought was "They will be wasted or stolen" but this stereo-typical thought was betrayed in a good manner. My cap and underwear were displayed in the locker the next day!

b) The room cleaning was done very frequently.

c) The whip-cream that comes with pancakes and waffles.
It may seem like a small deal but this is NOT something you come across in China.

Keep up the good work, Kerry!!!! See you in Chinese New Year!

Room Tip: Ask for park-view rooms