“Great hotel in a perfect location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai

Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai
Ranked #12 of 4,968 Hotels in Shanghai
Shanghai, China
“Great hotel in a perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at Kerry Hotel a few times now since living in Shanghai. It is a great hotel whether traveling for business or pleasure, with or without kids. Many things to do and enjoy right at the hotel or adjacent, whether it is shopping, dining, massage, coffee or cocktails! Incredible gym for adults, and amazing kids area. Nearby Century Park is a beautiful place to go for a walk, run, or stroll. Easy access to public transportation if you wish to head downtown/Puxi. Nice surrounding area for walking around and seeing the daily life.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear GGG65

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your visit to Shanghai. I am delighted to learn that you are a regular guest of ours and we have become your "home from home" while visiting Shanghai. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us and share your excellent impression of us on Trip Advisor. You really did point out so many of our unique features, which I really appreciate it, thank you so much.

I an delighted that you are a frequent traveller with us, I hope you are also a Golden Circle member. I look forward to meeting you at the Kerry Hotel Pudong soon.

Peter Clarke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Altos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I always stay in the Kerry when I visit Shanghai. My company's office is close by, my customers are close by and the hotel is close enough to the airport (PVG). Kerry's personnel are very attentive and helpful. The property is new. Rooms are spacious, modern and clean. The Club lounge is great, and so is its staff. The cost is very competitive with other hotels in the area, of comparative cost.

Room Tip: Pay the difference and pick a room on the Club floors. It is well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr1966,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your visit to Shanghai. I am delighted to learn that we have become your "home from home" while visiting Shanghai and you enjoyed the overall experience while staying with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us and share your excellent impression of us on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to learn that you have become a frequent traveller with us and when your your travels bring you back to Shanghai, I hope I have the opportunity to meet you at the Kerry Hotel Pudong soon.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Service is excellent. From the moment I was picked up by the hotel limousine to being greeted on arrival at the hotel, pre checked in and taken directly to my room, to the staff noting I was full of cold and arranging ginger tea to be delivered to my room & courtesy check up calls, to providing a coffee as I checked out at 5:30 am , to a hassle free transport to the airport for my flight home.

The room spec is high and very comfortable to work from as well as sleep with a strong wifi signal.

Location is good. Close to business, Century Park & the underground market (for gifts for the family) and just 30-45mins from Pudong airport

Room Tip: Deluxe room offers good space for work & sleep
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear MrPaul007,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your visit to Shanghai. I am delighted to learn you enjoyed the overall experience while staying with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to highlight some of the memorable service experiences you received and also the seamless arrival experience.

I am delighted our staff recognized that you were not feeling well and sent you the get well amenity, there is nothing worse than feeling sick when you travel, its great when someone shows that they care. I will try and find out who that staff member was so we can arrange some personal recognition for them. I also appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor

Should your travels bring you back to Shanghai, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kerry Hotel Pudong soon.

Florence, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had 'staycation' at this hotel last year. The package included some credit for F&B, free entrance to kids play area and Century Park and spa treatment. Amazing kids Adventure Zone, right across from the big Century Park and fun court-yard type of settings with quite few dining options. We went with another family and although their kids had gigantic cookies with their name on waiting in their room when they arrived, our kids received nothing of the sort. Service was a bit spotty. Except the fact that they have amazing kids area, hotel itself is nothing special - modern and good location but nothing to shout about.

Club Premier Park View room was spacious and very nice, but the rate is very high and there is not much room for negotiation, which is unusual in China.

I am not sure if I would return to stay at this place - I might just use the kids' facilities for a day and sleep in my own comfy bed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Plinia,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your Shanghai Staycation last year. I was disappointed to learn you were not wowed by the overall experience and while there was some good elements, the whole thing did not just do it for you and your family. Please accept my apologies. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I was happy to see your family enjoyed the Kids Zone and I am sorry about the Cookie delivery, clearly there was some lack of communication on our side for that to happen. Regarding the rate, this is a package that comes with many "value add-ons" to give more value built into the rate, we do also have room only rates available.

As you live in Shanghai, I do hope we have the opportunity to meet in person on your next visit to the hotel so I can extend my personal apologies for the lapses in service you experienced. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kerry Hotel soon.

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed on the club floors during a recent business trip to Shanghai. Staff could not have been more helpful, the hotel is wonderfully located with subway links and close to the Magliev airport train. Use the hotel shuttle bus. Lots of open spaces nearby for exercise and a huge gym in the hotel. Also linked to a shopping centre with many other dining options. A tip, treat yourself to a Spa treatment

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the park and towards the financial district
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew A
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Andrew A

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel Pudong for your recent visit to Shanghai. I am thrilled you had a great stay. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I was happy to read your tip on our Spa, obviously you enjoyed your visit there and I appreciate you taking the time to mention that.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kerry Hotel Pudong on your next visit to this wonderful city.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The location is great for the INternational Exhibition Centre, which is next door, the journey from the airport is also shorter than going across to the other side of the river to the bund area. The area itself is also very pleasant, with Century park just over the road.
The club rooms are large and spacious, and the checking in procedure is simple and efficient.
The lounge has great views and a choice of drinks in the evening, whilst breakfast is more than the usual continental fare, with a choice of eggs, bacon and sausages.
Downstairs there is wide array of eating options, including a wonderful buffet area and a micro brewery.
This is a great hotel in every way, location, rooms, facilities and the service were all superb, this will be my hotel of choice in Shanghai

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank swagman6111
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear swagman6111,

Thank you for making the Kerry Hotel your Hotel of Choice in Shanghai and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. As a Senior Contributor your comments are extremely important to us. I really appreciate your kind words and I am delighted that you had a great stay, making the most of our fantastic location and enjoyed the services we have to offer. I hope that we get the opportunity to meet on a future visit.

Thank you for making Kerry Hotel Pudong your "Home from Home" when visiting Shanghai.

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night before continuing on a flight the following morning very early. The hotel sent a car to pick us up and the airport and it was waiting for us after we collected our luggage. We had a nice comfortable ride to the hotel. Once there a nice lady met us at the car and whisked us to our room and did the check-in there. We were very tired after a very long flight and were only there to sleep before leaving very early the next morning to catch a flight. The beds were very comfortable. We left before they were serving breakfast but they did have pastries available in the lobby as we checked out. The hotel again arranged for a car to take us to the airport. It was very quick and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mfanderso
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear mfanderso,

Thank you very much for choosing The Kerry Hotel Pudong on your recent visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to comment about our hotel and you giving us your 'vote of confidence'. I am sorry you did not have more time to truly experience our hospitality and hope you will be able to return on another visit to see what else we have to offer. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.