“All you want”

Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai
Ranked #24 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My stay at the kerry hotel was very satisfatory. The room was modern design, with a bath and shower in the room. L'occitance amenuities were provided. In my package access to business lounge and free minibar dring were included.Large choice of international TV channels. I had a nice corner room very quiet and with a lot of windows. The view was nothing interesting though. The hotel is situated close to a mall with many restaurant option and a link to the underground network

The hotel provide a restaurant with a huge choice of buffet for breakfast -
But above all the service was perfect. Never checkout so quick (all was done during my last breakfast in the business lounge- I just had to sign the bill presented at my table)
I will come back when possible

Room Tip: Corner room
1  Thank leto1972
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Leto 1972

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on our Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. I am very please to learn you availed of our complimentary minibar while here, it truly is a unique offering among the hotels here in Shanghai. I pleased you enjoyed the overall selection and choices for breakfast, it is a great way to start your day. Our Club lounge is the perfect place to get business done and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again there when you return to Shanghai.

Peter Clarke

Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed for one night. Excellent room, interesting shower/bath combination. The hotel is adjacent to a large shopping center. Very good breakfast. The gym is by far the best I've ever seen in a hotel - it rivals professional gyms in both size and equippment.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank avipiti

Dear Avipiti,

Thank you so much for your wonderful response on line. As a senior reviewer I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel truly has some amazing features that constantly surprise our guests, one of which is our world class Sports Facility, Kerry Sports. It is the largest Sports Facility in any hotel here in Shanghai. Its a key part of our "integrated lifestyle" hotel service offerings. Our recent campaign boasts a slogan "More Room for Life" I hope to see you in the gym on your next visit at Kerry Hotel Pudong.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Have been traveling frequently and have stayed in Kerry Pudong, Westin Bund Center and Ritz Carlton at Shanghai Central. While all of them have been really good, Kerry stands out for the fact that their restaurant "TheCook"and the their bar "The Brew"are simply out of this world. Their master craftsman's beer "Indian Pail Ail" is amazing. Their food arrangement of world cuisine is simply out of this world.

Room Tip: Become a Golden Circle member there and they really pamper you.
1  Thank DrMohit
Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Dr Mohit,
Thank you so much for choosing the Kerry Hotel for your recent stay in Shanghai. As a seasoned traveler I was thrilled to read your comments about our hotel. I an delighted you enjoyed our F&B offerings, they are truly unique to Shanghai and in fact globally. Our concept is really to provide something that appeals to everyone so you feel immediately comfortable when you stay with us. I do look forward to welcoming you back to Kerry in the near future. By the Way our Brew Master has a special beer he changes every 3 weeks (The Mash), and he has some special double IPAs that will be released in the coming months. I hope you get to try one the next time.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. It is spotless, new and seems like it was designed for western travelers. The location was great; it is not too far from the airport, next to the convention hall and the train station. The gym was amazing and the service was great. I only stayed one night but definitely will return during my next visit to Pudong.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank meg51577

Dear Meg,
Thank you for taking the time to review us, despite your short stay, I am very happy you thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm delighted you found everything conveniently located. Our Parkside location is fantastic and provides so much open space to breath. While we are only 5 minutes from the Maglev, the high speed train, we are also only approximately 15 minute by cab to The Bund area, so I hope to see you when you gat back to Shanghai at the Kerry Hotel.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I really enjoy this new 5 star hotel in Pudong. It has all the standard amenities one would expect in a Shangrila type hotel. Some of the features I enjoy the most include the punctual and professional customer service one gets at the touch of a phone call; it's really excellent. I probably don't need to say this but their fitness center is perhaps the best I've ever seen in any hotel anywhere in the world. It's the main reason why I choose to stay at this hotel. It is simply the best ever ! Finally, I love the modern breakfast buffet setup; it's so cute and delicious to boot. :)

Because the price is on the high side, I feel I can be overly critical of a few flaws which include -
1. There are many lights and light switches in the room. Some are not so obvious to find and is challenging to turn off all the lights at night; rather annoying.
2. There was an exceedingly long check in time with 2 separate front desk girls studying my china visa in my passport for apparently no reason at all. Check in time exceeded 20 mins with no other people checking in.

1  Thank jazsacher

Dear Jazsacher,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I really appreciate it. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the services we provide. I also appreciate your other comments and I will see if there is something I can do about the lighting. Every hotel had a different system, so I can imagine a frequent traveler such as yourself has seen more than your 'fair share". With regards to the visa issue, I do apologize, often there are hard to find in heavily stamped passports. I have addressed this with the Manager to ensure if we can not find it to "speak up" as nobody knows their own passport as good as the owner. I am glad you brought both these points to my attention. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kerry Hotel Pudong, next time you are in Shanghai.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Yes, it is a kind of big and luxurious hotel. They have a unique beer bar with brewery(?), and reasonable food court style restaurant. Most rooms have great view because it is one of the highest buildings in their neighborhood.
About accommodation, you do not need to choose the pricey one, because the difference between the reasonable & pricey is quite slight, I suppose.
The weakest point is the location. It is located far from the center of the city, so every move you want you need the car or cab.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kaztky

Dear Kaztky,
Thank you very much for staying with us on your recent visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I believe that you found our location, a bit "too far away", however we are actually on the metro line and literally only 15 minute from the bund in the evening. As Shanghai is such a large city access to highways, subways, Maglev (High Speed Train), an abundance of taxis and of course Pudong International Airport is important, of which we cover all four. I hope that should your travels bring you back to Shanghai, you will choose the Kerry Hotel Pudong and we can better explain and assist in your transportation needs. I am sure you will find we are more conveniently located that thought before.

I hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

One word - perfect. That sums up my visit. The service was perfect. The rooms (comfort and cleanliness) were perfect. The location is perfect. And so on...

Service - I contracted the hotel to provide shuttle service from the airport. That was flawless. Upon arrival, there was a team of desk clerks greeting us at the van to take us directly to our rooms. Perfect! And the service the rest of the week was exactly that - perfect.

Rooms - I had a corner room that was very spacious, comfortable, and clean. The ladies that came by for turndown service could not have been more professional or friendlier.

Location - the hotel provided a shuttle to our office every morning - perfect! The hotel is attached to a shopping mall that has everything you need, including a Starbucks and a grocery store.

Fitness center - did I mention that this hotel is perfect? The fitness center is better than perfect. It's amazing. Arguably the best fitness center I have ever seen. Ex-pats that work in our office insist it's the best in Shanghai. I believe them.

Restaurants - this is where it falls short of perfect. The daily breakfast buffet, while perfect in variety, is over $45 per person. That's way overpriced. I would get room service for $20 and that was expensive.

I'll definitely stay here next time, but likely bring protein bars for breakfast. And that will be perfect!

Room Tip: Corner rooms - prefect!
2  Thank DaddyYo

Dear DaddyYo,
Thank you for choosing Kerry Hotel Pudong on your recent visit to Shanghai. I am delighted to read that you a perfect stay. I really appreciate you taking the time to write about it. While it appears you thoroughly enjoy everything based on your "PERFECT" rating, including the breakfast choice, our breakfast price seemed a bit high. As it in the most important meal of the day for many travellers, extensive choice is important to all our international clientele, We do however offer an Al a Carte continental breakfast choice both in In Room Dining and also in our Lobby Lounge which might be useful to note.

I do hope to see you back at the Kerry Hotel Pudong in the near future.