Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai
        • Room Service
        Very Good 4/5
        Very Good 4/5
        1,163 results
        All reviewscentury parkshopping mallmicro breweryadventure zoneshangri la groupgreat hotelexpo centercomplimentary mini bartrade showhotel gymfitness centermaglev stationthe club loungegreat gymbusiness tripswimming poolbreakfast buffet is
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed August 13, 2012

The reasons choose Kerry hotel was quite simple – Adventure Zone!

We actually live in Shanghai but my son occasionally had the chance to experience the adventure zone… Thus, I had the idea to bring my family to live there for few days to have enough fun! It was truly fun and great experience in terns of the hotel service, room, of course the fantastic was the “adventure zone” including the gym (my husband loves it), swimming pool, spa, kid’s zone… my original plan just two nights, but my family really enjoyed…so we stayed in Kerry hotel for three nights!

Now we are thinking to book the hotel again for our National holiday maybe…

If you have family and want to have a relaxing holidays, I strongly recommend Kerry hotel! Don’t worry about the location since it very close a shopping mall, also you can go to Century Park just cross a road… If you want to take the train, it is over 200m distance ( but I would suggest to take the taxi is much better…). Anyway, Kerry hotel is really great hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
        Reviewed August 8, 2012

I travelled to Shanghai for a 2 weeks business assignment and was highly recommended to stay at this hotel by my boss. The hotel is located in suburbs and is a luxury hotel near to the airport. I generally like the service of this hotel, given that I am in Shanghai for business and I had to travel to the free trade zone everyday for 10 days for work.There is a nice shopping mall connected to the hotel but the things sold in this mall are mostly caterred to the overseas travellers.

Being a breakfast person, I enjoyed the breakfast spread everyday and it was definitely a good experience staying at Kerry Hotel Pudong for business. Had a walk at the huge gym and swimming pool but did not get a chance to use it. The place was not crowded, which is properly good for people who does not like crowded places.

However, if I travel to Shanghai in future again for leisure, i will probably prefer to stay in the downtown where most of the tourist attractions are much more accessible.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
        Reviewed August 6, 2012

Shanghai is a place the I frequent, almost once a month. And being a vegetarian and also a little fitness oriented, I found this hotel to be an excellent fit. The facilities are top notch and the staff members are very courteous. They go out of their way to help me with my diet needs and prepare vegetarian food to my satisfaction. They have a very wide variety of food spread to choose from for non-vegetarians.

The gym at this hotel is truly world class and by far the largest and the best one that I have seen and experienced of all the places I have visited world wide, thus far. The hotel is conveniently located. There is a pretty big mall attached, the subway train station is right beneath that makes it very easy to commute. Also, the Century park is right opposite the hotel giving the locality very good lung space and fresh air.

I would strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
        Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is the first time I've stayed at a Kerry Hotel, the new lifestyle brand from the Shangri-La group that was launched in 2011, and I'm very impressed!

We had a 28th floor corner room facing the large Century Park below and downtown in the distance. The room is spacious, very airy and bright, which I love, has a great bed and fantastic wifi coverage. As you look out of the window, an impressive display of massive urbanisation is unraveling right in front of you. This also holds through while you're showering, for the bathroom has a spectacular floor-to-ceiling window.

And when it's time to go to bed, you get quotes on your bed from Jim Carrey and P. Diddy. Rather modern.

The Club floor on the 3rd floor is also brilliant. A great breakfast setup, same spacious and airy design as the rooms and great meeting/lounging facilities.

But the most outstanding facility was the gym. One of the largest hotel gyms I've ever seen, with all the latest equipment. There is no excuse for you not to workout while here :-)

The only thing I was really missing in our room … a Nespresso machine!

Room Tip: take a corner room higher up ... facing Century Park/downtown
        • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
        Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at the Kerry in June and was looking forward to being looked after and having some good food and drink on what was quite an intense business trip. The room I was in was a smoking room and stank of cigarettes whenever I entered… I got used to it but not sure that was really the point. The food was pretty poor unless you like fries and mayonnaise – the in-house restaurant on the ground floor (where breakfast is served). They have three themes of eating… ‘the cook’ (ground floor restaurant) – this was really very poor and the some of the food we were served was uncooked (raw chicken, no thanks). The buffet lunch was a rip off (GBP40 per head??) ... it is to be avoided for anything except breakfast. Secondly there is ‘the meet’ – a steak restaurant (meet … meat … geddit?) in the first floor restaurant (although expensive) had the best steak I’ve ever had (yes really) and finally … ‘the brew’ – a bar with a microbrewery which served good ales (sampler selection was good) but wine was very poor. I got the distinct impression that they were benefitting from lack of competition and resting on their laurels.

Room Tip: Insist on a non-smoking room if you don't smoke
        • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business